Kunal Kemmu recalls when Taimur and Inaaya’s experience with the paparazzi at a swimming pool got 'dangerous’
- Kunal Kemmu said that while the paparazzi are usually 'pretty respectful' of their requests to not click their children, things got a little out of hand once, when Taimur and Inaaya went swimming.
Taimur Ali Khan, the son of actors Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan, and his cousin Inaaya Naumi Kemmu, the daughter of actors Kunal Kemmu and Soha Ali Khan, were born in the spotlight. While the little ones have grown quite used to the paparazzi attention, there have been times that it ‘got a bit dangerous’.
On Kareena’s chat show What Women Want, Kunal talked about the paparazzi culture that their children are growing up in. “You know, there are times when I don’t think much about it but then, there are times when it bothers me,” he said, adding that being followed around by photographers is a fairly new phenomenon for them as well, and they were only just getting accustomed to being clicked outside restaurants when their kids were born.
Kunal said that the paparazzi culture is ‘slightly unfair’ to the children because they grow up thinking that this is how the world is. “I don’t know the kind of psychological effect it might have on them eventually,” he said. He added, however, that since it exists, he does not ‘want to scare the child’ by suddenly trying to hide them when photographers show up.
While Kunal said that the paparazzi have been ‘pretty respectful’ of requests to not click their children, things can get out of hand sometimes. “It got a bit dangerous, I remember, when Tim and Inaaya had gone to some swimming pool. Door se kisine zoom lens (Someone trained a zoom lens on them from afar)… That I am completely against. That is not okay. A parent has to be aware ki aisa ho raha hai (that this is happening). It can’t be that khufiya (secret) thing happening somewhere,” he said.
Four-year-old Taimur, who has been a paparazzi favourite ever since he came from the hospital after being born, has now learnt to say ‘no’ to being clicked. He is often spotted with Inaaya on their playdates.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover were in Maldives for a brief holiday and shared lots of pictures from the island nation. Check out their latest pictures here.
- As Shahid Kapoor turns 40, his wife Mira Rajput took to Instagram and penned a sweet birthday note for the actor.
- Actor Zareen Khan has spoken about how being compared unfavourably to Katrina Kaif early in her career affected her.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut in a new tweet called a group of youths 'primitive monkeys' for getting answers on history and current affairs wrong.
- Priyanka Chopra has amplified an author's tweet in which she'd shared pictures of yesteryear stars such as Dharmendra, Shammi Kapoor, Biswajit, Sadhna, Saira Banu, Asha Parekh and Sunil Dutt.
- A video of actor Sara Ali Khan arriving with gifts for Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan's second baby, has been shared online. Watch here.
- Time to Dance trailer continues the Indian dance film tradition of telling an engaging tale through a performing art form. Watch Isabelle Kaif in her debut role as Sooraj Pancholi makes a comeback.
- Bhumi Pednekar and Rajkummar Rao have completed a filming schedule of Badhaai Do. Announcing the wrap, the duo joined director Harshavardhan Kulkarni to make their own 'Pawri Ho Rahi Hai' video.
- Richa Chadha has shared a song featuring Aishwarya Rai and Salman Khan to express her sorrow on paying a huge price for getting her fuel tank filled.