Renuka Shahane says after her parents’ divorce, kids were asked not to play with her as she came from a 'broken family'
- Renuka Shahane, whose parents separated when she was eight years old, was ostracised by other children because she came from a 'broken family'.
Renuka Shahane, whose parents got divorced when she was really young, felt the impact of their decision in certain aspects of her life. She said that people would discourage their children from playing with her as she came from a ‘broken family’.
In a special episode of Netflix’s Behensplaining, Renuka said that she found it odd that parents encouraged their children to ostracise her. “My parents separated when I was eight. You know, people used to look at us and say we come from a ‘broken family’. I have had people saying, ‘Don’t play with them because they come from a broken family’,” she said.
“As if, it is like, maine haath lagaya hota unko toh unki bhi family break up hoti (if I would have touched them, their families would have broken up too). I just don’t get it,” she added.
Renuka has been a part of several popular television shows, including Circus, Surabhi and Sailaab. She also acted in films such as Hum Aapke Hain Koun and Ek Alag Mausam. She made her directorial debut earlier this year with Tribhanga - Tedhi Medhi Crazy, which came out on Netflix.
Tribhanga, starring Kajol, Tanvi Azmi and Mithila Palkar, is an emotional drama about three generations of women. The dysfunctional family is forced to come together and deal with their differences when one of them is hospitalised after suffering a brain stroke.
In its review, Hindustan Times called Tribhanga a ‘weird concoction’ that sets out with noble intentions but falls . “From the director, to the dialogue writers, to each individual actor, all seem to be operating on different frequencies throughout the film, almost never singing the same note,” it said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Most filmmakers welcome the new guidelines for OTT while Onir called it 'death of Cinema and Good content'. Ali Abbar Zafar has called it a good step
- Jacqueline Fernandez shared a glorious sunkissed picture of hers and showering her with praise and love were not just her many fans but internationally known, DJ Snake. See here.
- Mistakes in films continue to happen no matter how careful a filmmaker is but several years down the line, they just become a way of remembering the film with a smile.
- From rumours of Emma Watson's retirement from acting making headlines to Salman Khan joining Shah Rukh Khan on sets of Pathan, here are top entertainment news stories
- Ranveer Singh gushed over his wife and actor Deepika Padukone's beauty in her latest picture. See his comment here.
- Amrita Rao has said that she wasn't prepared to handle many new mother problems as parents forget to tell their children many things by the time they become grandparents.
- Spotted outside a food joint in Mumbai, Deepika Padukone was seen struggling when a woman tried to pull her purse in an attempt to sell tissues.