Sidharth Malhotra-Kiara Advani film Shershaah to hit theatres in July
Sidharth Malhotra and Kiara Advani's upcoming war film Shershaah will hit theatres on July 2. Producer Karan Johar announced the release date on Twitter along with two posters of the film featuring Sidharth as Captain Vikram Batra.
Sharing the posters on Twitter, Karan wrote, "The larger than life untold true story of Captain Vikram Batra (PVC) is ready to be unravelled on the big screens. We’re honoured to be showing this journey - #Shershaah in cinemas on 2nd July, 2021, starring Sidharth Malhotra & Kiara Advani. Directed by Vishnu Varadhan."
While one poster shows Sidharth in an army uniform, in the middle of action along with any other soldiers, another gives a closer look at the actor. The posters were first revealed on his birthday last year.
The film is a biopic of Kargil hero Captain Vikram Batra who went by the code name Shershaah. He had laid down his life in the service of the nation during the Kargil War of 1999. The captain was posthumously awarded the Param Vir Chakra — India’s highest military award and tells the tale of his heroism and sacrifice.
Sidharth's rumoured girlfriend Kiara Advani plays the role of Captain Vikram Batra's fiancee Dimple Cheema. Made under the banner of Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions, the film is directed by Vishnu Varadhan.
Shershaah was shot in 2019 in Kargil but had to be put on hold due to coronavirus-induced lockdown earlier last year. The team resumed the shoot post the lockdown and finished the film. It was revealed that the actor and his team had made sure that the place they shot in was cleaned of any debris before they left the location.
Besides Shershaah, Sidharth has Thank God and Mission Majnu in the pipeline. He is currently shooting for Mission Majnu in Lucknow.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Mistakes in films continue to happen no matter how careful a filmmaker is but several years down the line, they just become a way of remembering the film with a smile.
- From rumours of Emma Watson's retirement from acting making headlines to Salman Khan joining Shah Rukh Khan on sets of Pathan, here are top entertainment news stories
- Ranveer Singh gushed over his wife and actor Deepika Padukone's beauty in her latest picture. See his comment here.
- Amrita Rao has said that she wasn't prepared to handle many new mother problems as parents forget to tell their children many things by the time they become grandparents.
- Spotted outside a food joint in Mumbai, Deepika Padukone was seen struggling when a woman tried to pull her purse in an attempt to sell tissues.
- Salman Khan reportedly shot for Shah Rukh Khan's Pathan on Thursday. See a picture from the set here.
- Rakhi Sawant visited her ailing mother at hospital, accompanied by Kashmera Shah and Sambhavna Seth, who assured 'emotional and financial support' for her.
- Yashraj Mukhate, the memelord musician behind viral tracks such as Rasode Mein Kaun Tha and Pawri Hori Hai, has spoken about his journey.
- On Shahid Kapoor's 40th birthday, his former step-father Rajesh Khattar recalled the 'normal family' dynamic they shared as Shahid was growing up.
- A faction of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's fans called for a boycott of the film Chehre, said to feature his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. Rhea was removed from the promotional materials of the film.
- Sunny Leone, her daughter Nisha and sons Asher and Noah touched down in Mumbai after their trip to Kerala. They were welcomed by Daniel Weber.