Taapsee Pannu begins ‘romance with the bat and ball’ as she trains for Mithali Raj biopic Shabaash Mithu
Taapsee Pannu, who has as many as six films in various stages of production, is multitasking like a pro. Even as she commenced shooting for the last schedule of Looop Lapeta in Goa, she has already begun training for her next, Shabaash Mithu. She plays cricketer Mithali Raj in the film.
Sharing a picture of herself holding a bat, with an intense look on her face, Taapsee wrote on Twitter, “And romance with the bat n the ball has begun.... long way to go but a good start is half job done :) This is going to be another milestone of sorts.... For our captain cool @M_Raj03 and all her #WomenInBlue #ShabaashMithu @rahuldholakia @AndhareAjit @Viacom18Studios.”
Taapsee is training under coach Nooshin Al Khadeer. She said that the role is a ‘huge challenge’ for her as she has never played cricket but only watched the sport as a ‘hyperventilating fan’.
“I’ve never played the game before, have just been a spectator and a hyperventilating fan of the game. Being on the other side is going to be a huge challenge I’ve thrown at myself. But I feel pressure brings out the best in me. This is probably that one common trait I can identify between me and Mithali,” she said in a statement.
Directed by Rahul Dholakia and written by Priya Aven, Shabaash Mithu revolves around the life of Mithali Raj, the captain of the Indian women’s cricket team. The film is produced by Viacom18 Studios.
Taapsee is currently shooting for Looop Lapeta, a remake of the German hit Run Lola Run. On Wednesday, she shared pictures of herself at the airport and on the flight and wrote, “Now ready to looop it up in Goa! Last schedule of #loooplapeta.”
Apart from Looop Lapeta and Shabaash Mithu, Taapsee’s line-up also includes Deepak Sundarajan’s Tamil film with Vijay Sethupathi, Haseen Dillruba, Rashmi Rocket and a sci-fi thriller directed by Anurag Kashyap.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- It has been 10 years since Kangana Ranaut and R Madhavan-starrer Tanu Weds Manu released on the big screen. On the occasion, director Aanand L Rai penned a note of gratitude, thanking fans for his "Woh Tanu weds Manu wala Aanand Rai" identity.
- Janhvi Kapoor was seen at the Mumbai airport late Wednesday in an all denim look but it was her mobile cover that stole attention.
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter Suhana Khan has shared a picture from her time in the kitchen in New York along with a boomerang video to prove how she is the best at it.
- Ishaan Khatter shared a throwback picture from their childhood to post a 'happy birthday' message for his half-brother, Shahid Kapoor.
- Alia Bhatt did a 'Gangubai Kathiawadi' style namaste to the paparazzi while greeting them during director Sanjay Leela Bhansali's birthday celebrations.
- On Divya Bharti's birth anniversary, here's revisiting an episode from her life when she married producer Sajid Nadiadwala and managed to keep it a secret from her father, who was opposed to the match.
- Shahid Kapoor said that he was with Mira Rajput in the labour room when she was giving birth to their daughter Misha. Mira 'whacked' Shahid when he got dizzy at one point.
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.