The word stereotype has a negative connotation: Prachee Shah Paandya
With her performances in TV shows and movies, Prachee Shah Paandya has proved her versatility but has also been featured often in the role of a mother. Though she admits to being happy with the roles coming her way, she says she tries to make them interesting and denies that she has been stereotyped as a mother.
“I look for ways to make the characters interesting each time because essaying the same kind of characters will get monotonous for me and the audiences, too. I believe that the word ‘stereotype’ has a negative connotation. It is just that when you play a character which is well-appreciated, similar roles come to you organically because the makers believe that you will be able to play them to the T,” says the trained Kathak dancer, who is known for TV shows such as Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Ek Shringaar-Swabhiman.
Pandya hopes the industry looks at her for different kinds of roles beyond the motherly ones. “I want to challenge myself and broaden my horizons. I am a trained equestrian, a sitar player, a kathak dancer and I have received basic military training. I would like to believe that I can pull off action films. It is my dream to do combat sequences onscreen. And age shouldn’t be a barrier, right? In fact, OTT is churning out some really good and experimental content. We have some amazing directors and writers weaving content that we do not otherwise get to watch on traditional mediums. I want OTT to be my next step after having dabbled in films and television.,” says the Laxmii actor.
Her dream role is something similar to Shefali Shah’s character in Delhi Crime, she reveals. “I was stunned by her performance. Her character was brilliantly written and she played it with aplomb. That, I think, would be an interesting space to explore. I hope I can make way into the hearts of the audience with newer characters. I am waiting for the right script and project. I am open to auditioning too. Playing a character with a new flavour is definitely going to a rejuvenating experience,” she signs off.
Interact with author on Twitter/@iamkav
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here
- After the death of singer Sardool Sikander on Wednesday, comedian Kapil Sharma shared a video from his daughter Anayra's first Lohri, when Sardool gave his blessings to the baby.
- The teaser of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Gangubai Kathiawadi, starring Alia Bhatt in the titular role, was released on Wednesday. Watch it here.
- Alia Bhatt shared a new poster of her upcoming movie Gangubai Kathiawadi. The poster received love from many Bollywood stars including Ranveer Singh , Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan.
- Actor Nora Fatehi in an emotional interview recalled the difficulties that she faced as a struggler in Bollywood.