City gets first class-free bar at airport terminal
The new 1C terminal at the domestic airport just gave the term ‘high fliers’ a new meaning. Its claim to fame? It has the city’s only airport bar, open to all passengers routed through the terminal. Even those without a first class ticket don’t have to feel like second-class citizens any longer.
Ultra bar, the chic station with a mini lounge, facing the tarmac, serves cocktails, straight drinks and mocktails. The most popular feature is beer on tap, though the staff won’t allow you more than two pints.
According to the Rituparn Sharma, general manager, Travel Food Services, the company that runs the airport’s bar and food court, the bar is always packed. He says, “There are people here at all times of the day. Of course, we keep a check on how much customers are drinking, and if anyone gets a little tipsy, we inform the aircraft staff to be prepared.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- The Amazon Prime Video web series Tandav has been at the centre of a controversy after it was alleged that certain scenes are offensive to certain communities. Here's everything you need to know about what happened.
- Tandav creator Ali Abbas Zafar has issued an apology on behalf of the cast and crew of the Amazon web series, after an FIR was lodged against several people involved in the show for hurting religious sentiments.
- Vikas Gupta took to Twitter to share 'proof' of Aly Goni's homophobia, which Jasmin Bhasin didn't take quietly.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.