Coming soon: Yash Raj theme park in Dubai
Bollywood's largest entertainment house, Yash Raj Films, will soon launch a multi-billion-dollar theme park in the United Arab Emirates in collaboration with a leading investment company here.
The theme park, Yash Raj Films Entertainment District, would comprise a movie palace, unique hotel and a number of Indian genre entertainment concepts.
Yash Chopra has hailed the partnership with Dubai Infinity Holdings, saying it will make their foothold stronger in the Gulf region with Dubai aiming to be the most visited destination in the world by year 2015.
"All the components of the Yash Raj District will be themed around the Yash Raj banner," the 'Khaleej Times' quoted Yash Chopra as saying.
The YRF brand is behind the success of South Asian blockbusters such as Veer Zara, Hum Tum, Bunty Aur Babli, Chak De India, in addition to the timeless classics, Kabhie Kabhie and Silsila.
Commenting on the partnership, DIH Chief Executive Officer Samira Abdulrazza said, "This is both an encouraging and exciting step for us. Bringing such an honoured name into the UAE has been a strategic move as it attracts the core demographic of the country.
"Furthermore, Indian cinema has an increased general following within the region, as cinema statistics highlight that Bollywood films gross higher than Western films. This will be a one-of-a-kind partnership here in the UAE, which we are very proud to be associated with."
The first phase of the Yash Raj Entertainment District is scheduled to be completed by 2012.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Sunil Grover has insisted that Tandav is a work of fiction, and that it was shot before many of the incidents it shows transpired in real life.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Celebrity couple Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have welcomed their second child, a year after he publicly apologised for inappropriate behaviour amid cheating rumours.