Could Amy Winehouse have been saved?
Is there a chance that Dr. Drew Pinsky of hit US TV Show Celebrity Rehab could have saved her life?
The doctor recently revealed to the hosts of a Los Angeles radio show that the singer had attempted to get in touch with him in the weeks before her death. He says he couldn't respond because of his busy schedule.
"I found out also yesterday that, believe it or not, she was trying to contact me, which is weird. Janice Dickinson told me that. I remember getting these calls from Europe and I was like, 'What the hell is this?' and Janice goes, 'It was Amy.' We could have maybe gotten her over to someplace really good, but again, more sadness to that story," he told Kevin and Bean of KROQ.
Despite that fact that the Winehouse's autopsy was inconclusive, the doctor, who happens to be a little bit of a celebrity himself, claims that Amy couldn't have died of alcohol withdrawal as her parents would like to believe.
"It's not what she died of, I can virtually guarantee you but it's an interesting reminder to all of us that alcohol is the only drug from which the withdrawal is commonly fatal. You go down in a ball of fire. You get really really sick and you cease and you become encephalopathic and confused and your heart becomes erratic and it's not like you just drop dead like her parents are suggesting."
If the good doctors claims are true, then what a waste of talent for want of some celeb rehab time.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Netflix India on Wednesday announced its slate of content for 2021, which includes the second season of Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives, the new Abbas-Mustan film, new projects from Karan Johar, Mani Ratnam and others.
- Urmila Matondkar shared a throwback picture with husband Mohsin Akhtar Mir on their 5th wedding anniversary. She handpicked a special moment from the ceremony. See here.
- As they plan a small and sweet celebration for their third wedding anniversary on Thursday, Keith Sequeira and Rochelle Rao talk about seeking help from a marriage counsellor.
- Sanjana Sanghi played a small role in Irrfan Khan's Hindi Medium. The actor has now opened up about the acting lessons she learned from Irrfan.
- Saif Ali Khan's sister Saba Ali Khan recently posted old family pictures of the Kapoors and the Pataudis. See little Kareena and Saif here.
- Varun Dhawan shared a funny clip just before boarding an aircraft where he channeled his inner werewolf. Watch the video here.
- Twinkle Khanna has shared a glimpse of how things get difficult for her at home as schools continue to remain shut.
- Amitabh Bachchan's granddaughter, Navya Naveli Nanda, on Wednesday reacted to a question posed to a rape accused by a Supreme Court bench.
- Nick Jonas revealed he began the making of his upcoming album Spaceman when his wife and actor Priyanka Chopra was filming for The Matrix 4 in Germany.
- Kajol wished sister Tanishaa Mukerji as she turns a year older. She also shared some never-seen-before throwback pictures.
- Shah Rukh Khan's child co-star from Kal Ho Naa Ho, Jhanak Shukla, spoke in a video about why and how she 'lost the track' in her acting career, and how she is 'not earning anything' right now.
- Janhvi Kapoor is back with her second dance number, titled Nadiyon Paar, from the film Roohi. It is a remixed version of hit Shamur song Let The Music Play.
- Priyaank Sharma and Shaza Morani hosted a Christian-style wedding ceremony in the Maldives this week. The couple exchanged their vows at a beach ceremony, and danced to Ed Sheeran's Perfect.