Hollywood celebs calling it quits after Demi-Ashton split
The Demi Moore-Ashton Kutcher split has had a domino effect on Hollywood couples, who’ve also called it quits falling like chips to a curse.
Demi Moore-Ashton Kutcher
Demi, 49, called it quits with hubby Ashton, 33, in November, last year, after a blonde said she romped with the Two And A Half Men actor in a pent house, on the actor-couple’s sixth wedding anniversary. The couple, worth 185 million pounds, even tried turning to the Kabbalah religion in a desperate attempt but failed to save their relationship. The blonde said Ashton had told her that he had already split from his wife. She also claimed he tried to set up a threesome with her friend. Ashton, who married Demi in 2005, was previously accused of cheating in 2010.
Within two days after reports first surfaced that they are divorcing, model Heidi Klum and singer Seal confirmed that they are calling it quits after almost seven years of marriage. The couple who call it an ‘amicable process’ are parents to Leni, 7, Henry, 6, Johan, 5, and Lou, 2. Klum, 38, and Seal, 48, began dating in 2003, got engaged in 2004 and exchanged vows in 2005. Whether the break-up is due to a new person in either of their lives is yet to be known.
In August, last year, singing couple Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony too, had split unexpectedly after seven years of marriage.
Johnny Depp-Vanessa Paradis
Actors Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis are headed for splitsville after being in a relationship for 15 years now. The couple has not made a public appearance together for over a year and Depp’s trip sans Paradis to the Golden Globes recently fuelled the split rumours. Rumours are rife that the two have led ‘separate lives’ for some time now and the
39-year-old is reportedly adamant about ending it with Depp, 48. So much so, that she does not even believe in the idea of marriage and soulmates anymore. They are parents to Lily-Rose, 12, and Jack, 9.
Katy Perry-Russell Brand
Comedian Russell Brand split with pop singer Katy Perry, last year. The 36-year-old, who filed for divorce in December citing irreconcilable differences, had even refused a plea by his estranged wife. Brand is now insistent they should move on from their 14-month marriage that took place in India, and stay friends. While Brand is ‘quite well’ since the split, Perry is reportedly trying to gather herself back.
The notorious marriage
Kim Kardashian-Kris Humphries
It came as a shocker when reality TV star Kim Kardashian, 31 called off her marriage with Basketball player Kris Humphries just after 72 days, in October, last year. While Kim says their marriage was doomed from the start, Kris said it was built on fraud. He has now filed for annulment after Kim filed for divorce, and has turned to his family to mend his broken heart.
Bollywood too, has had its share of unexpected splits in the past...
John Abraham-Bipasha Basu
While rumours are rife that the two parted ways regarding marriage, the grapevine also says Bips, 33, called it quits with John, 39, as he was cheating on her with a banker, Priya Runchal. While the buzz on John’s marriage is strong now, Bipasha was recently rumoured to be dating a younger actor.
Ranbir Kapoor-Deepika Padukone
Deepika, 26, and Ranbir, 29, who were in a relationship since 2008, called it splits in 2009. While she’s now reportedly seeing Kingfisher baron Vijay Mallya’s son, Siddharth; Ranbir has claimed to be single after being rumoured to be dating Katrina Kaif, Angela Johnsson, and Nargis Fakhri.
Salman Khan- Katrina Kaif
Salman’s stint with Katrina Kaif, 27, was thought to be the most stable one before they broke up unexpectedly. Salman, 47, started dating Kat in 2004 before they broke up due to unknown reasons in 2008. While Kat was then rumoured to be dating actor Ranbir Kapoor, which she denied, she revealed in 2011 that she was single.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- An unseen picture of Saif Ali Khan with his son Ibrahim Ali Khan from latter's birthday bash has surfaced online. See it here.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared information about a new restaurant called Sona in New York. She has been creatively involved with it from contributing in its design, menu, music and even with its name.
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.
- Sahil Anand, recently seen on Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2, announced that him and his wife Rajneet Monga are expecting their first child. Check out his post.
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Actor Anita Hassanandani has shared new pictures and videos of her newborn son, Aaravv. Check them out here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.