‘I want Saif, parents and Karisma there’
Kareena Kapoor insists she’s the luckiest girl in the world. “Imagine being in the company of living legends like Mr Bachchan (Amitabh Bachchan), Sachin (Tendulkar) and Shah Rukh (Khan), just the thought gives me gooseflesh,” sighs the excited Bollywood star who’s
gearing up for the unveiling of her waxen lookalike at the Madame Tussauds museum this October.
Kareena would like beau Saif Ali Khan, her parents, Randhir and Babita, and sister Karisma to be present at the gala. “They say they’re coming. I hope they can make it,” she says fervently. “I really want Karisma to be present because she had a big hand to play in all that I have achieved today.”
Meanwhile, there is a lot of speculation about which of Kareena’s on-screen avatars will be waxed. Manish Malhotra, who has designed most of her filmi wardrobe, insists that her four best looks are from Chameli (2003), Asoka (2001), Jab We Met (2007) and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001).
“Chameli was a striking combination of red and blue against porcelain fair skin. Raunchy, yet classy! It was so popular that it started the trend of Chameli parties in Delhi’s elitist circles,” reminisces Manish.
Asoka, he points out, was distinctly Indian, but from a different era. “Kohl-lined eyes, zippered dhoti and plenty of oxidised jewellery, Kareena was exotic!” he asserts.
Jab We Met and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham were more contemporary. In the former, Geet was a ‘desi’ girl who made a style statement with a Patiala salwar and a long T-shirt while ‘Poo’ in K3G was more glamorously western. “I have a particular fondness for her all-red look in the song, ‘You are my Soniya…’,” says Manish, admitting that he has no clue which look the museum is going to go with. “Both Kareena and I have been really busy and haven’t had time to chat. But whatever they decide, I know Kareena will floor everyone.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- BTS singer Jungkook took to Twitter and shared a selfie flaunting his blue hair. The singer caused a frenzy among fans and left a few wondering if the hair colour change has something to do with his mixtape.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here