I was nervous doing love scene: Arjan Bajwa
Newcomer Arjan Bajwa has a bold love scene with Priyanka Chopra in the forthcoming film "Fashion" and he says he was so nervous that he would have died of anxiety if the actress had not assuaged his fears.
"Was I nervous? You bet I was. Although I've done six Telugu films before Fashion, I hadn't really done a love scene like this before, and that too with someone of Priyanka's stature," Arjan told IANS. Mar Jaava
"To her credit, Priyanka put all my nervousness to rest. If it wasn't for her I'd have died of anxiety. For a newcomer, the co-star is a decisive point in his confidence levels for all times to come," he added.
But Priyanka, who has done some intimate scenes in movies like Andaaz and Aitraaz earlier, laughs off the suggestion that the love-making scene in Madhur Bhandarkar's film is explicit.
"Please! You make it sound so hottt! It is not! What's all this about an explicit love scene? Please, I'm too much of a girl next door to do any of that. We don't kiss. But, yes, Arjan and I do share a lovers' relationship. So, yes, we do have a love scene. But it's nothing to get all hot and bothered about, not in today's day and age," the actress told IANS.
"Arjan was far more petrified than I imagined. I had to forget all my own nervousness," she added.
Bhandarkar, whose "Fashion" is a glimpse into the world of the style industry, said that most of his films have had intimate scenes and the one between Priyanka and Arjan is not meant to titillate at all.
"This isn't the first time that I've done intimate scenes with my lead pair. There was an even more sensitive scene between Tabu and Atul Kulkarni in 'Chandni Bar'. 'Page 3' had some really hard-hitting moments of sexual content. Fortunately for me, the actors trust me and my judgement," the director said.
"Priyanka surrendered completely to my vision. When you see her love scene with Arjan you'll realise that there's absolutely nothing there that's meant to titillate," he added.
Fashion Movie Trailer
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Shyam Benegal goes down memory lane as his National Award winning film Zubeidaa completes two decades, recalls how Manoj Bajpayee was initially diffident to play a Maharaja and Karisma Kapoor was nervous.
- Eijaz Khan, who recently had to leave Bigg Boss 14 abruptly, has opened up about his relationship with Pavitra Punia.
- Changes will be made to Tandav, after the web series was embroiled in a controversy surrounding certain scenes. Director Ali Abbas Zafar has issued a statement.
- Kareena Kapoor has shared a picture of her lavish lunch, sent by cousin Armaan Jain. Check it out here.
- Anushka Sharma has congratulated Team India on their historic victory against Australia on Tuesday.
- Actor Zeeshan Khan, who appears in Kumkum Bhagya, has recalled a casting couch incident that he experienced.