Maharana Pratap actor and rickshaw driver's son buys Mumbai flat
With skyrocketing real estate prices, buying a house in Mumbai is no easy task. But with hard work and dedication, there’s little that is impossible, and 15-year-old Faisal Khan’s inspiring story is testament to that fact. The young actor, who is the son of a rickshaw driver, is now the proud owner of a flat in Mira Road in Mumbai.
“I was saving up for the house for a while,” says Faisal, beaming with pride. “It’s a one bedroom-hall- kitchen flat and I will be shifting there with my family in a month.” His family includes his mother, father and three sisters. All this while, they had been living with their relatives in the city.
“We had set the flat as a target, and we kept money aside for it. We’ve always wanted to own a house of our own, and this is a dream come true. Playing a lead role in a show helped me a lot and by the grace of God, I have been able to buy a house for my family,” says Faisal, who made his acting debut on the tube with the lead role in a historical show. Before this serial, he had won a dance reality show. Talk to him about making a choice between acting and dancing, and he finds it hard to pick one.
“They are connected somehow. Even the fight scenes in my show were choreographed so it was a dance of sorts,” he says.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Eijaz Khan has said that going through financial difficulties wasn't the only reason that he did Bigg Boss 14; he also wanted to resurrect his career.
- Designer Manish Malhotra has shared a behind-the-scenes video of Varun Dhawan getting fitted for his wedding with Natasha Dalal. Watch the video here.
- Shah Rukh Khan's wife, Gauri Khan, has shared a throwback photo from Paris, leaving Maheep Kapoor and Malaika Arora in awe.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut, in an incendiary video, has called for everybody who supported the 'so-called' farmers' protests to be jailed.
- "The whole world is laughing at us today," Kangana Ranaut wrote in a new tweet, targeting Diljit Dosanjh and Priyanka Chopra.
- Actor Salman Khan, in his Republic Day message for fans, called for unity. Read what he has to say here.
- Kajol revealed that the most important thing her mother Tanuja taught her about parenting was to let children think for themselves.
- Kareena Kapoor has shared a Republic Day message for her fans on Instagram. She wished for freedom of the mind and pride of the soul on the occasion.
- Arshi Khan said that there are different kinds of entertainers in the world, and she doesn't want to be the sort of entertainer that her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestant Rakhi Sawant is.