Michael Jackson sued by Thriller actress
Pop legend Michael Jackson's smash hit Thriller is coming back to haunt him as Ola Ray, his girlfriend in the video, is suing him over unpaid royalties.
Actress Ray has filed a suit against Jackson and his production company alleging breach of contract, reports contactmusic.com.
Ray's attorney claims she was promised a cut of the 1983 promo's revenue but has yet to receive a penny.
The 14-minute video, which was directed by John Landis, was the most expensive promo of its time made at a cost of $500,000 (336,470 pounds) and this is not the first time Jackson has been dragged to court for it.
In January 2009, he was taken to court by Landis, who claimed to own royalties for his work on the promo and related spin-offs.
The moviemaker alleged he had a deal in place with the singer, which entitled him to 50 per cent of the net profits from the video and related material. The case still continues.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In a new video, Rahul Vaidya revealed that he learnt how to make caramelised eggs from Aly Goni, knead dough from Jasmin Bhasin and even Rakhi Sawant taught him how to cook some dish.
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- WandaVision premiered its ninth and final episode on Friday. While it was a satisfying end to Marvel Cinematic Universe's first Phase 4 project, fans feel betrayed over a revelation made.
- Shehnaaz Gill said that she was not affected by the acid attack threats she got and the doctored videos made of her. She said that she is only gaining 'sympathy' in the process.
- Mahhi Vij, in a lengthy note, responded to accusations that she and Jay Bhanushali do not love their foster children Khushi and Rajveer as much as their biological daughter Tara.
- Judas and the Black Messiah movie review: Daniel Kaluuya and Lakeith Stanfield deliver extraordinary performances in Shaka King's politically charged film, co-produced by Ryan Coogler.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.