No take off for Kareena Kapoor
While actors are mostly responsible for delaying events, in this case we cannot blame Kareena Kapoor for holding up a cold drink sponsored event in Delhi.
The actor, who is the brand ambassador for the drink, was supposed to be in the capital for the endorsement. But as she waited for her flight in Chandigarh on Monday evening, industrialist and Congress MP Naveen Jindal's chopper had to make an emergency landing at the same airport due to a technical snag.
A source close to Kareena says, “This (emergency landing) resulted in Kareena being stranded at the airport for over five hours. She was in Chandigarh for personal work with her team and they were hoping things would get sorted and flights would take off soon.” After initial rumours of a crash, all the passengers were intimated that the runway would soon be available.
“But that didn’t happen and the event had to be postponed. They couldn’t have kept the press waiting, as Kareena would definitely have been very late. The organisers and Kareena decided to push the event for the next day.”
Although Kareena was to be in Mumbai on Tuesday, she drove to Delhi for the event held on the same afternoon.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- BTS singer V released his vlog on YouTube, which featured a few behind-the-scenes glimpses at his song Snow Flower with Peakboy, his workout session, and more.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- BLACKPINK member Rosé shared posters to confirm that she will make her solo debut on March 12. Her fellow BLACKPINK members Jisoo, Lisa and Jennie extend their support.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.