Photographers should make me apologise with a firm stand to boycott me: Salman Khan
Speaking on the recent paparazzi ban on jhim, Salman Khan says, "I want them to continue with their stand so much so that it brings me down to my knees and makes me apologise to them saying 'don't destroy my career'."entertainment Updated: Jul 21, 2014 16:51 IST
In a clear message that he has no intentions of backing down, actor Salman Khan has dared the paparazzi to continue with their ban on covering him and to force him apologise on the issue.
"The good part is that the stand they (photographers) have taken, whether it is good or bad, loss or profit..It's a stand and it should continue. I want them to continue with their stand so much so that it brings me down to my knees and makes me apologise to them saying 'don't destroy my career'," Salman said.
Watch: You can't ban me, Salman tells photographers
Press photographers did not turn up at the event.
"I did not start this issue. I would be more than happy if this stand of not clicking my pictures continues. Had I been not present at that day, thing could have gone worse," Salman said at a promotional event for Sajid Nadiadwala's directorial debut Kick.
He was referring to a scuffle that reportedly took place between the photographers and his security guards at a promotional event here last week, apparently after the actor turned down their demand to pose at a particular spot. "It was the PR team who had called you all. You came close, you reacted...there were bouncers (and) the fight was with them (then) why you want publicity in my name and you got publicity. You cannot ban me. It is your choice to not click my pictures," the 48-year-old actor said.
"I want those photographers to go back to the same bodyguards without Salman Khan and do the same thing, speak to the bouncers and bodyguards in the same way. It is because of me that they got saved that day," the Dabbangg star said.
Salman said that photographers jostled to capture his photographs and came close to him, which was a fallout of competition among them. "(But) I have nothing to do with it. I am a winning party in this," the actor said.
The ban will reportedly stay in place till the release of Kick on July 25.
To a query, Salman said, "Why remove the ban, keep the stand. It has became an issue, the ruckus was created and they got all publicity... so continue with it."