Remove all our illiterate politicians: John Abraham
Bollywood actor John Abraham feels that illiterate politicians must be rooted out of the system and there is a need for educated younger ones to take charge.
"We all must remove all our illiterate politicians, those who don't know anything... and just stand and shout (Jitney humare unpadh politicians hai unko hathaye ..jinko kuch nahi aata life mein unko hathaye.. Sirf kadhe rehte hai aur chilate hai) as we have more younger and educated population out there," John told reporters here on the sidelines of the 'Shiksha' educational initiative, which aims at 100% literacy.
"We are tired of seeing them.. They come after every term and despite being old they still continue and don't move out We need more younger people who can make more conscious and better decisions today. Youth must study and make their parents proud and make India a better country," he added.
The 38-year-old actor is the brand ambassador of Shiksha initiative and hopes that education reaches interior areas.
"Education is very important and these children are blessed to get it as there are few kids who do not get this opportunity to study. Like in villages...in the interiors, in naxal areas there is no education...if it reaches there then India can become a beautiful place," John said.
"Besides metros there are other smaller and rural areas also where education must reach," he said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- BTS singer Jungkook took to Twitter and shared a selfie flaunting his blue hair. The singer caused a frenzy among fans and left a few wondering if the hair colour change has something to do with his mixtape.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here