Adhvik Mahajan: Contracts push actors into uncertainty
Known for his roles in ‘Naagin’, ‘Divya Drishti’ and as Angad in the film ‘Laxmii’, actor Adhvik Mahajan states that being contract bound does impede opportunities coming your way. “When I got my very first film project ‘Contract’, I was elated. For me a break like this that too with Ram Gopal Verma was a dream come true. But, as the things progressed, I began to realise the flip side of being bound in a legal agreement as I was constantly losing out on good projects. Contracts push actors into uncertainty, at one point I broke mine and began taking other projects.”
Talking about how he selects a project, the suave actor said, “For me all mediums are important and that’s the reason you see me working across platforms. I enjoy doing TV shows as much as I enjoy being a part of a feature film. For me staying connected to audience is a must. That’s the reason I have done regional films too. South films are a different ball game and absolutely fun to work on.” Adhvik came up with a short film last year. “To keep things on a roll and beat the pandemic blues, I made a short film ‘Tamas’ with Rashami Desai during lockdown. I remember contacting some actresses from TV to play female lead. But, no one really responded. But, Rashami loved the script and the short film happened. The film has given me a lot encouragement as writer and director. Now, with the onset of New Year, I am back on small screen and currently busy with another romantic-drama ‘Teri Meri Ikk Jindri’.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Abhinav Shukla was spotted at the Mumbai airport on Monday. He was asked by photographers about his good looks for which he had a classy reply.
- Fans of Netflix's The Crown took to Twitter following the Prince Harry-Meghan Markle interview with Oprah Winfrey. Here's how they reacted.
- Simi Garewal on Monday said that she doesn't believe what Meghan Markle said in an interview with Oprah Winfrey, and called the Duchess of Sussex 'evil' for playing the victim and race cards.
- Bigg Boss 14's Jasmin Bhasin issue a clarification on Twitter after Rubina Dilaik's fans attacked her. Fans associated her tweet on Sunday about manipulative people with the Bigg Boss 14 winner.
- Abhinav Shukla said that Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya did not deserve to be in the top two as he walked out of the show during the mid-season finale.
- Hema Malini was left teary-eyed on watching a video message from her daughter, Esha Deol, on Indian Idol 12. The episode will be aired tonight. Watch the promo here.
- Rannvijay Singha of Roadies fame wished his wife Prianka Singha on her birthday on Sunday. They recently announced they were expecting their second child together.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar were spotted watching a cricket practice session. Fans loved their easy equation with each other and showered them with love.
- Sidharth Shukla and Sonia Rathee were seen riding a bike on the sets of their upcoming show Broken But Beautiful. The duo have roped in for the lead roles.
- Rakhi Sawant is disappointed with Rubina Dilaik and Aly Goni for not visiting her ailing mother, who is in hospital fighting cancer.