The Shakti actor asserts that he will always prefer daily soaps over anything else.

Vivian Dsena: Bollywood doesn’t excite me

While everyone dreams of doing films someday, Vivian says he is quite content with TV and aspires to do more work on the small screen.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 21, 2021 03:42 PM IST

Often actors from various mediums express their desire to star in the movies. The lure of the silver screen is inescapable. But some actors walk a different path. Vivian Dsena, who has a huge fan base that appreciate his powerful performances in television shows, enjoys keeping a low profile and sticking to his beliefs.

The Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon actor unlike the current lot of actors admits he is quite content with TV and aspires to do more work on the small screen. “Just because I am not interested in Bollywood, doesn’t mean I am any less ambitious. My ambition shows in my body of work. If I was not ambitious enough, then shows like Madhubala and Shakti would not be seen today. I am a simple man, who likes slow and steady growth. I am thankful to my parents for the upbringing they gave me. Growing up, I was taught to stick to the basics in life and that one doesn’t need to run where everyone is running. You should run where you can excel! Bollywood doesn’t excite me but I might be part of OTT projects, if a good story comes my way,” he shares.

The Kasamh Se actor asserts that he will always prefer daily soaps over anything else. And as far as competition is concerned, Dsena stresses that he is not part of any race nor is he in competition with anyone. He says, “I would like to compete with myself, compete in the journey where my field of work has been the same in the past 10 years. If I am constantly on the same platform then I will be able to perform better. I am a very content man. I don’t want to be ‘the number one’. I want to be the number one in my eyes and not the number one for someone else. I am always working towards improving myself. I don’t want to be called the most successful actor in the country, but whenever people remember me, I hope they say he is a good actor,” he concludes.

Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla came together on Bigg Boss 14.
Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla came together on Bigg Boss 14.

Rubina laughs off Abhinav’s claim that she wanted divorce over a cup of coffee

PUBLISHED ON FEB 28, 2021 05:45 PM IST
Rubina Dilaik denied that she and Abhinav Shukla almost got divorced because he forgot to get her coffee. She called it 'one of the many thousand examples that he conveniently said'.
Nick Jonas being grilled by Ego Nwodim as Dionne Warwick.
Nick Jonas being grilled by Ego Nwodim as Dionne Warwick.

Priyanka fans want to know her reaction after raunchy moment with Nick on SNL

PUBLISHED ON FEB 28, 2021 04:59 PM IST
Nick Jonas hosted the latest Saturday Night Live episode and was subjected to a rather raunchy moment with Ego Nwodim as Dionne Warwick.
Parth Samthaan and Erica Fernandes in Kasautii Zindagii Kay.
Parth Samthaan and Erica Fernandes in Kasautii Zindagii Kay.

Parth Samthaan reveals why he quit Kasautii Zindagii Kay reboot

PUBLISHED ON FEB 28, 2021 04:03 PM IST
  • Parth Samthaan opened up about his decision to quit the popular show, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, last year. He said that it had become repetitive for him after a point.
Rakhi Sawant's mother Jaya poses with Vikas Gupta.
Rakhi Sawant's mother Jaya poses with Vikas Gupta.

Vikas Gupta meets Rakhi Sawant's mom, says 'I think her new hairstyle is cool'

UPDATED ON FEB 28, 2021 02:15 PM IST
  • Rakhi Sawant's Bigg Boss 14 colleague Vikas Gupta met her mother Jaya Sawant and cheered her up ahead of her cancer operation.
Rahul Dilaik seems to have taken fashion inspiration from Rubina Dilaik.
Rahul Dilaik seems to have taken fashion inspiration from Rubina Dilaik.

Rahul Vaidya takes fashion inspiration from Rubina Dilaik, Twitter reacts

UPDATED ON FEB 27, 2021 09:23 PM IST
  • Rahul Vaidya wore a sweatshirt similar to one worn by Rubina Dilaik on Bigg Boss 14, as he took off on a romantic holiday with girlfriend Disha Parmar.
Pavitra Punia spotted at the Mumbai airport on Saturday.
Pavitra Punia spotted at the Mumbai airport on Saturday.

Goa-bound Pavitra had reply at the ready when asked why Eijaz didn't see her off

PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 08:00 PM IST
  • Pavitra Punia had a quick response for the paparazzi, when they asked her why she wasn't accompanied by boyfriend Eijaz Khan at the airport.
This is the first time Sumona Chakravarti is living by herself.
This is the first time Sumona Chakravarti is living by herself.

Step inside Sumona Chakravarti's Scandinavian-inspired Mumbai home

PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 07:08 PM IST
  • Sumona Chakravarti has made the maximum use of limited space in her new Mumbai house, designed in Scandinavian style. Watch a video here.
Charu celebrates her birthday with husband and close friends.(Instagram)
Charu celebrates her birthday with husband and close friends.(Instagram)

Charu Asopa celebrates birthday with husband Rajeev Sen, watch video

PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 05:11 PM IST
  • Charu Asopa celebrated her birthday with husband Rajeev Sen. Check out pictures and video from the bash.
Embracing fatherhood, Mohit Malik feels nervous and excited
Embracing fatherhood, Mohit Malik feels nervous and excited

Mohit Malik: ‘Don’t like people telling me bachche ho gaye, lag gayi tumhari’

By Sanchita Kalra
PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 04:26 PM IST
Actor Mohit Malik shares how he is gearing up to welcome his baby, with wife Addite Shirwaikar Malik
Rahul Vaidya proposed to Disha Parmar on Bigg Boss 14.
Rahul Vaidya proposed to Disha Parmar on Bigg Boss 14.

'I wear my boyfriend's clothes', says Bigg Boss runner-up Rahul Vaidya's fiancee

PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 04:02 PM IST
  • Bigg Boss runner-up Rahul Vaidya's fiancee Disha Parmar has shared a video of herself wearing one of his sweatshirts. "I wear my boyfriend's clothes," she wrote in her post.
Himanshi Khurana recreated Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's song.
Himanshi Khurana recreated Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's song.

Himanshi Khurana recreates Aishwarya Rai’s song, fans gush over her expressions

PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 03:27 PM IST
  • Himanshi Khurana performed to Salaam, originally picturised on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, in a new video. Watch it here.
Arpit Ranka (Sourced photo)
Arpit Ranka (Sourced photo)

Arpit Ranka: Mythology shows are lifeline of Indian TV

By S Farah Rizvi
PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 02:53 PM IST
Known for playing numerous mythological characters in shows like ‘Mahabharat’, ‘Chandra Nandini,’ ‘Radha Krishn’ and many more, actor Arpit Ranka is elated to play a contemporary character in his ongoing show
Devoleena Bhattacharjee plans to get married next year.
Devoleena Bhattacharjee plans to get married next year.

Devoleena Bhattacharjee: My boyfriend does not belong to the entertainment industry

By Sugandha Rawal
PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 01:21 PM IST
Devoleena Bhattacharjee is planning to get married next year, and the reason she doesn’t talk much about these things is because she is superstitious and scared of the evil eye.
Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla enjoy dancing together.(Instagram)
Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla enjoy dancing together.(Instagram)

Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik shares dance video with husband Abhinav Shukla

PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 10:57 AM IST
  • Check out the latest video from Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik in which she is seen dancing with her husband Abhinav Shukla, to a folk song.
Rahul Vaidya with Disha Parmar.
Rahul Vaidya with Disha Parmar.

Rahul Vaidya takes girlfriend Disha Parmar on a helicopter ride, see here

PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 08:53 AM IST
  • Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar left Mumbai for a quick getaway. While they did not disclose their destination, he shared a picture from their helicopter ride together.