Vivian Dsena: Bollywood doesn’t excite me
Often actors from various mediums express their desire to star in the movies. The lure of the silver screen is inescapable. But some actors walk a different path. Vivian Dsena, who has a huge fan base that appreciate his powerful performances in television shows, enjoys keeping a low profile and sticking to his beliefs.
The Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon actor unlike the current lot of actors admits he is quite content with TV and aspires to do more work on the small screen. “Just because I am not interested in Bollywood, doesn’t mean I am any less ambitious. My ambition shows in my body of work. If I was not ambitious enough, then shows like Madhubala and Shakti would not be seen today. I am a simple man, who likes slow and steady growth. I am thankful to my parents for the upbringing they gave me. Growing up, I was taught to stick to the basics in life and that one doesn’t need to run where everyone is running. You should run where you can excel! Bollywood doesn’t excite me but I might be part of OTT projects, if a good story comes my way,” he shares.
The Kasamh Se actor asserts that he will always prefer daily soaps over anything else. And as far as competition is concerned, Dsena stresses that he is not part of any race nor is he in competition with anyone. He says, “I would like to compete with myself, compete in the journey where my field of work has been the same in the past 10 years. If I am constantly on the same platform then I will be able to perform better. I am a very content man. I don’t want to be ‘the number one’. I want to be the number one in my eyes and not the number one for someone else. I am always working towards improving myself. I don’t want to be called the most successful actor in the country, but whenever people remember me, I hope they say he is a good actor,” he concludes.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parth Samthaan opened up about his decision to quit the popular show, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, last year. He said that it had become repetitive for him after a point.
- Rakhi Sawant's Bigg Boss 14 colleague Vikas Gupta met her mother Jaya Sawant and cheered her up ahead of her cancer operation.
- Rahul Vaidya wore a sweatshirt similar to one worn by Rubina Dilaik on Bigg Boss 14, as he took off on a romantic holiday with girlfriend Disha Parmar.
- Pavitra Punia had a quick response for the paparazzi, when they asked her why she wasn't accompanied by boyfriend Eijaz Khan at the airport.
- Sumona Chakravarti has made the maximum use of limited space in her new Mumbai house, designed in Scandinavian style. Watch a video here.
- Charu Asopa celebrated her birthday with husband Rajeev Sen. Check out pictures and video from the bash.
- Bigg Boss runner-up Rahul Vaidya's fiancee Disha Parmar has shared a video of herself wearing one of his sweatshirts. "I wear my boyfriend's clothes," she wrote in her post.
- Himanshi Khurana performed to Salaam, originally picturised on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, in a new video. Watch it here.
- Check out the latest video from Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik in which she is seen dancing with her husband Abhinav Shukla, to a folk song.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar left Mumbai for a quick getaway. While they did not disclose their destination, he shared a picture from their helicopter ride together.