Aishwarya Rai’s Rohit Bal anarkali is so pretty we’re at a loss for words
Saturday night’s wedding reception of Saudamini Mattu, the niece of designer Sandeep Khosla, in Mumbai had some of our favourite celebrities turning up in their finest ethnic Indian wear. Actor Sonam Kapoor wore an embroidered lehenga that’ll make you gasp and upcoming actor Sara Ali Khan looked like a true Bollywood star in her embellished saree, both designed by designers Abu Jani-Sandip Khosla. But none made quite such an impact as Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, who looked like a gem in her floor-grazing ivory anarkali designed by Rohit Bal.
In true Aishwarya fashion, she reminding us how effortless she is when she took to the star-studded reception in a curve-hugging all-over embroidered anarkali-style jacket. The extravagant matka silk jacket featured zarodoz embroidery with signature Rohit Bal lotus and swan motifs and a drama-inducing flared hem for some extra va-va-voom.
While Aishwarya typically opts for modest ethnic looks, this time, she chose long sleeves and showed some skin with plunging neckline that put her ivory and gold-flared underlay on full display. Her dainty diamond necklace and studs were the perfect glamorous touches to her intricate summer wedding-friendly ensemble and took the look to the next level.
Aishwarya’s beauty look was just as noteworthy as her vintage-esque outfit. She wore her shoulder-length light brown hair poker straight and paired the look with arched brows, rosy cheeks, and a scarlet stained lip.
Whether she’s wearing a shimmery Manish Malhotra anarkali or looking like a sassy bride in a traditional-meets-modern pink Masaba Gupta lehenga, Aishwarya somehow always manages to raise our heart rates the second she steps out. Keep reading to take a look back at her recent memorable traditional Indian outfits:
Aishwarya wore this blush Manish Malhotra anarkali in March 2018. It was full-sleeved with a modest neckline, had embroidered silver sequins and beads all over, and featured a shiny beaded border that shimmered with every step Aishwarya took. The pattern on the net dupatta draped over her one shoulder matched her intricate anarkali perfectly and added flair to the look. The silver tassles at its border (only revealed when she walked) were a flirty, trendy touch.
In April 2018, Aishwarya wore a Masaba Gupta lehenga that melded timeless (high-waist printed lehenga and modest high-neck blouse) with sassy (pink) at an event in Pune. The two-tone ensemble — pink lehenga embellished with tribal vase, leaf foil and kalash motifs in gold foil print and rich gold embroidered kallis paired with a light stone grey and gold printed dupatta in khadi — certainly doesn’t skimp on spotlight-worthy details. Be it its rich colours, exquisite fabrics, and dramatic silhouettes.
Aishwarya was just one of the many A-list celebrities in attendance at actor Anushka Sharma and cricketer Virat Kohli’s wedding reception in Mumbai in December 2017. But none were better outfitted for the big night than the former Miss World, who stuck to her usually classic, demure style in an enchanting ensemble by her favourite designer Manish Malhotra. The pearl embroidery on her lehenga was just the right amount of flash to complement her cool-yet-hot vibes. That, plus the alluring off-shoulder blouse made Aishwarya a winner in our book.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For a photo shoot, Vidya Balan wore a purple pinstripe dress with a mauve jacket and opted to go sans-accessories. The Kahaani actor taught us how to channel a fierce vibe with our glam in new pics.
- Shanaya Kapoor shared images from her impromptu at-home photo shoot with fans on Instagram. The photo shoot was a family affair, as Arjun Kapoor turned stylist and Khushi Kapoor edited the images and delivered the final product.
- Say goodbye to your winter clothes cause it's time to slay in some gorgeous floral print mini skirts and tops like Hina Khan. The actor recently shared images of herself wearing a summery co-ord set and we love it.
- Leaving fans hooked with her saree chronicles, Janhvi Kapoor serves another sensuous look from Manish Malhotra’s collection in an ivory-coloured six yards of elegance as she promotes her upcoming film ‘Roohi’ on Day 4
- Vidya Balan recently dolled up for an e-interview and we love everything about retro-chic vibe. From her dove grey asymmetric kurta to smart narrow pants, we can’t wait to recreate the delightful silhouette as we walk into spring-summer
- Want to set mercury soaring when going for lunch or an evening out? Take fashion cues from Aditi Rao Hydari’s romantic steamy look for The Girl on The Train promotions in a pink strappy twisted bustier teamed with wide-leg pants that look flirty enough to add drama to our summer closet
- For her much anticipated interview with the media mogul, Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Markle wore a black silk dress and showed that she knows how to do maternity fashion right.
- Janhvi Kapoor recently stepped out in an ethereal flowy dress for a promotional event of her upcoming film Roohi. The dress that is worth ₹22k is one of our favourite looks donned by the actor.