Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt, Katrina Kaif, Bhumi Pednekar: Fashion hits and misses this week
We’re always talking about celebrities in India, what they’re doing, who they’re seeing and, who and what they are wearing. This week Bhumi Pednekar and Kiara Advani’s evolving style caught our eye. Deepika Padukone and Sonam Kapoor Ahuja were the usual suspects on our most stylish list, and while plenty failed to impress, there were a few who really dropped the ball. Here is the low-down of this week’s fashion scorecard. Read on to find out who dressed their best and who failed to impress in this week’s best and worst-dressed celebrities:
Sonam Kapoor Ahuja
Sonam chose a pastel sea green suit while on a trip to Los Angeles with sister and stylist Rhea Kapoor. Sonam paired the 3.1 Phillip Lim outfit with a bag by Louis Vuitton that she slung across her chest. She also wore black sandals. Golden chain link earrings and black shades completed the look.
Deepika’s airport looks are much-awaited by all, and the actor usually goes for the same style: matching baggy athleisure sets, micro/sunnies, a tight bun and a fanny pack across her chest. But Deepika surprised us when she headed to Mumbai airport in traditional wear. The Padmaavat actor opted for a deep red embroidered silk ensemble by Lajjoo C. Deepika had her hair up in a ponytail, gold hoops, brown juttis and a deep brown bag completed her look.
Alia and sister Shaheen made an appearance at an event for We The Women Asia, where they also spoke about Shaheen’s book about her battle with depression, Never Been (Un)Happier. Alia wore a white suit dress by Retrofête and matching strappy shoes by Sophia Webster. The Gully Boy actor sported minimal dewy make-up as always, and her subtle but strong look is love.
Katrina Kaif looked absolutely stunning in a lightly-embroidered Anita Dongre lehenga-choli set in pale pink as she attended Adwaita Nayar’s wedding in Udaipur. Minimal make-up, wavey hair, jhumkas and some bangles completed Katrina’s look.
Malaika Arora looked absolutely stunning in a skin-tight bejewelled gown by Yousef Aljasmi. Malaika wore the high-necked, cap-sleeved gown with diamond jewellery and strappy silver heels. Deep marsala lips, subtle smokey eyes and big curls completed the look.
Kiara’s green sequinned pant-suit combo by Cinq à Sept was a bit of a dud. The suit worked better in concept and was quite a stunner, but just fell flat and looked ill-fitted on Kiara. The rest of the styling was passable.
While we’re absolutely loving Bhumi’s experimental style for the promotions of her movie, some outfits have been really lacklustre. For one, Bhumi’s sea green, self embossed Forever Unique dress paired with strappy silver heels was a complete fail, while the dress was pretty it was quite frumpy and didn’t do justice to Bhumi’s physique.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Mira Rajput and Shahid Kapoor are currently holidaying in Goa and the mother-of-two is flaunting her enviable curves in some of the most fabulous beach wear. Their pictures are making us crave for a vacation as well.
- Tandav star Saif Ali Khan turns cover boy for a magazine and his latest pictures in a teal blue bandhgala are fashion goals for men to break away yet embrace the mundane with naturalism
- Hina Khan is having a gala time on her trip. The fashionista has been giving us great brunch date look ideas. She has been snapped in some of the the most impressive ensembles and we are getting inspired.
- Sara Ali Khan's latest leather look teaches us how to brave the winter and look badass while doing it. The Simmba actor is a fashionista in the truest sense.
- On Sunday, Prada unveiled their latest collection - anti-uniform which is an ode to our new intimacy in our ever-tighter circles: luxury long-johns, digitally.
- Athiya Shetty has been making us dream of an endless summer to far flung places and her sizzling fashionable looks, in floral or fancy dresses that flaunt effortless silhouettes and celebrate the feminine figure, are to be blamed
- NBA coaches' casual dressing, during the league at Walt Disney World in Florida, inspires basketball coaches across America to eschew the traditional game day attire of coats, ties and dress slacks in favour of polos, quarter-zips and warmup pants as comfort over style becomes the new fashion trend
- Khushi Kapoor is currently holidaying in Delhi and giving us winter wardrobe inspiration. The 20-year-old has been spotted wearing a lot of delicate crop sweaters and wide-legged pants.
- Nora Fatehi, who is currently holidaying in Dubai, has been serving us some royal looks lately. Her recent statement-making kaftan dress is fit for a queen and we love it.
- Anne Hathaway forgoes the traditional red carpet premiere of her film ‘Locked Down’ but treats fans to a slew of luxurious looks in three dazzling metallic gowns from Vivienne Westwood, Versace and Azzaro and we can’t stop swooning
- Samantha Akkineni recently slayed in a denim midi dress at the promotions of her upcoming web series, The Family Man. The actor flaunted her enviable curves in the distressed bodycon outfit.
- Manish Malhotra encourages men to experiment with colours this wedding season, nails a dapper magnificent look in a purple textured sherwani with a bold animal emblem and a pair of white pants and we are in awe
- Gauahar Khan shared images of herself looking absolutely stunning in a sweater worth ₹2k and pyjamas along with husband Zaid Darbar. The fashionista can slay any outfit and these images are proof.
- Want to look your 'vinatge best' on a date night with bae this winter? Sonam Kapoor Ahuja sorts fashion woes on how to sizzle up some romance and make a steamy monochromatic statement like she does in a sultry black velvet dress from Anand Ahuja's Bhaane. Read on for styling cues
- Want to make a fashion statement in office while sticking to an easy fit no-fuss garment? Look no further as Bhumi Pednekar sorts your fashion woes with her radiant look in a dirt yellow and beige jumpsuit that is sure to steal all the spotlight at work