How to get Deepika's bikini body
She always had a great body. But for Cocktail, Deepika Padukone has put her heart into sculpting the perfect bikini-ready figure. What did it take? “I have followed a balanced diet and a super workout regimen,” says the actor.Updated: Jun 08, 2012 12:01 IST
She always had a great body. But for Cocktail, Deepika Padukone has put her heart into sculpting the perfect bikini-ready figure. What did it take? “I have followed a balanced diet and a super workout regimen,” says the actor.
Deepika’s diet, devised by Puja Makhija, involves small meals every two hours and is based on quinoa, a cereal from South America. Despite her crazy schedules, she stuck to her diet. “Deepika was focused on what she wanted. The result speaks for itself,” says Makhija.
Deepika’s fitness routine, created by Yasmin Karachiwala, is a combination of Pilates and other gym-based workouts. “The workouts needed to be modified on a regular basis, and there were specific exercises for specific body parts,” says Karachiwala.
Though she did enjoy herself during the shoot, the actor stuck to her routine. “In Cape Town, when we shot there for Cocktail, I would call my Pilates trainer as soon as the day’s shoot was done,” she says. “I wouldn’t leave the hotel till I finished my workout.”
Discipline is essential if you really want a bikini-ready body, but the actor doesn’t make it the centre of her existence: “The key is to listen to your body, drink lots of water, get adequate rest, indulge once in a while and don’t stress about losing weight. You should love your body and enjoy the process.”
Will she continue to maintain this look? Yes, she says. “I work out as often as possible. Sometimes I trouble my trainer Yasmin by calling her to the gym at six or seven in the morning. On those days, she gives me extra tough workout to get back at me.”
What you can do to get the look
* As you wake up: 1/2-1 fruit
* After 10-30mins: Breakfast: Upma/poha/2-4 egg whites+1 slice bread + 1 glass veggie juice
* After 2 hours: 1 fruit + 1 glass chaas/handful of chana
* After 2 hours: Lunch: 1-3 roti+ 1 bowl vegetable+1 bowl dal+1 bowl skim curd
* After 2 hours: 1 cup tea+ 2 biscuits
* After 1-2 hours: 1 khakra or open sandwich
* After 2 hours: 1 fruit
* After 2 hours: 1 bowl sprouts salad
* After 2 hours: Dinner: 1 bowl rice + vegetables + 1/2 bowl dal + 1/2 bowl skim curds
* If awake after 2 hours: 1 cup milk (kesar+elachi if desired)
* After 2 hours: 1 fruit
First Published: Jun 07, 2012 11:57 IST