Is Sridevi Bollywood’s most timeless style diva? Look at these pics before saying no
We need to talk about Sridevi. Every time we see the actor, it seems like she’s gotten better looking (Ageing? Forget about it) and more fashionable (Her wardrobe seems to only get better with age) than before.
Need proof? Look no further than her latest red carpet wins from International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa, which confirm Sridevi is positively ageless and a true style icon.
Sridevi was spotted at IFFI on Wednesday in her signature classic Indian look, wearing a blush pink-hued Tarun Tahiliani sari from the ace designer’s latest couture collection. We can sum up the 54-year-old beauty’s ensemble in one word: Elegant.
Sridevi kept her look modest and timeless and added a touch of glamour with stunning chandbalis and matching ring and bangles from Begani Jewels. But the intricate embellishment and forgiving silhouette of Sridevi’s sari drew the attention back to her outfit. It was the most elegant part of her look, after all. The cocktail design looks appropriate for any event, from a wedding to a fancy dinner.
But just because she sticks to modest choices doesn’t mean Sridevi won’t take a fashion risk here and there. You won’t ever see the actor in a flamboyant dress or barely-there design, but she’s done an uber glam shirt-with-lehenga look to step up her outfit game. She wore a custom-made black-gold Manish Malhotra ensemble at IFFI on Tuesday. And in true Sridevi fashion, she pulled the look off gracefully.
Sridevi has a preference for Malhotra, going with the designer time and time again for outfits that allow her to hold the spotlight. Only this time, she took a risk and executed her look in a way that feels more causal-cool than contrived. She topped of her striking handloom printed gold and black skirt with a sleek buttoned-down black shirt. She continued to keep things fresh, thanks in part to her keen understanding of extras: Be it her handmade metal beads potli bag from Lovetobag or an eye-catching set of stud earrings.
Below are few more Sridevi looks you’ll want to wear to every festive event you have coming up:
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For a photo shoot, Vidya Balan wore a purple pinstripe dress with a mauve jacket and opted to go sans-accessories. The Kahaani actor taught us how to channel a fierce vibe with our glam in new pics.
- Shanaya Kapoor shared images from her impromptu at-home photo shoot with fans on Instagram. The photo shoot was a family affair, as Arjun Kapoor turned stylist and Khushi Kapoor edited the images and delivered the final product.
- Say goodbye to your winter clothes cause it's time to slay in some gorgeous floral print mini skirts and tops like Hina Khan. The actor recently shared images of herself wearing a summery co-ord set and we love it.
- Leaving fans hooked with her saree chronicles, Janhvi Kapoor serves another sensuous look from Manish Malhotra’s collection in an ivory-coloured six yards of elegance as she promotes her upcoming film ‘Roohi’ on Day 4
- Vidya Balan recently dolled up for an e-interview and we love everything about retro-chic vibe. From her dove grey asymmetric kurta to smart narrow pants, we can’t wait to recreate the delightful silhouette as we walk into spring-summer
- Want to set mercury soaring when going for lunch or an evening out? Take fashion cues from Aditi Rao Hydari’s romantic steamy look for The Girl on The Train promotions in a pink strappy twisted bustier teamed with wide-leg pants that look flirty enough to add drama to our summer closet
- Kriti Sanon recently gave us outfit goals as she stepped out in a bodycon denim romper with white accessories for casual outing. We can't help but marvel at the choices of the fashionista.
- For her much anticipated interview with the media mogul, Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Markle wore a black silk dress and showed that she knows how to do maternity fashion right.
- Janhvi Kapoor recently stepped out in an ethereal flowy dress for a promotional event of her upcoming film Roohi. The dress that is worth ₹22k is one of our favourite looks donned by the actor.