Kareena Kapoor, Malaika Arora show how you wear sequins and metallic in a cool way
Next time you are prepping to hit the party circuit, get inspired by Malaika Arora, Kareena Kapoor, sister Karisma and Co’s party outfits from former VJ-actor Amrita Arora’s 40th birthday celebrations in Goa.fashion and trends Updated: Jan 31, 2018 15:30 IST
From Malaika Arora’s sparkly knickers to the sequined dress on Kareena Kapoor, the message from former VJ-actor Amrita Arora’s 40th birthday celebrations in Goa on Tuesday was glitz and glamour galore.
Sequins and sparkle can really amp up an outfit, and Amrita’s star-studded party was proof. By the looks of it, the actor picked ‘shimmer and shine’ as the dress code for her big celebration. (To top off their party looks, most guests opted for dramatic headgear. )
Granted, celebrities wearing shiny dresses is nothing new — but we’re not talking award season gowns here. We’re talking glitzperation for when you just want to add a touch of sparkle to a plain ensemble; whether it’s an added sequin jacket, a sequin skirt or a top with a tiny bit of razzle dazzle.
So as you prep to hit the party circuit, get inspired by these latest celebrity outfit ideas for your chicest party look yet.
1. Kareena Kapoor wore her sequins cocktail dress style. Her knee-length dress is the perfect example of a chic sparkly outfit. The star paired her one-shoulder asymmetrical frock with killer lace-up heels and cool black nails. Consider this a modern take on the classic sequin dress.
2. Karisma Kapoor stepped out in a shimmery, movement-filled dress from Reem Acra’s Resort 2018 collection and looked incredible. Take the plunge like Karisma and elevate an off-shoulder top with a metallic pleat skirt (and trendy extras, namely Joules By Radhika earrings). Fancy lending it to us, Karisma?
3. Birthday girl Amrita Arora rocked some seriously stunning brown sequins — not your regular colour for nighttime dressing — in a razzle dazzle going out dress. Achieve her effortlessly cool, arty eccentric vibe with a sequin dress with flowy side slits. Affix a bejewelled brooch to your dress instead of a statement necklace for a touch of bling.
4. Stand out from a sea of dresses with a pair of silvery shorts. Take cue from reality TV judge Malaika Arora’s monochrome look by designer and her former sister-in-law Seema Khan and style them with a flirty feather blouse in a contrasting colour and then slip on a pair of thigh-highs for the finishing touch. Holy smoke!
5. Look to designer Seema Khan for sartorial greatness — she gave her cool denim shorts a dose of glam with a denim jacket with flirty silver tassles.
6. Turn your cold-shoulder dress into a holiday-ready outfit by wearing it with lots of sequin and gold accessories. And voilà, you’re Maheep Kapoor! The fashion designer’s look is simple, yet effective.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more