Malaika Arora’s power suit to Sonam Kapoor’s quirky top: Who wore what to ring in New Year 2021
Celebrities welcomed New Year in style. Dressing up for special occasions even though you are not going anywhere is always fun and puts you in a happy mood. That is what our favourite Bollywood celebrities did. This was the year of celebrating with loved-ones and ringing in the New Year in the presence of only a few.
But they did it while looking like a million bucks. From Malaika Arora to Priyanka Chopra, everyone across the world had a low-key celebration but it was surely glam. Have a look at who wore what to welcome 2021 with open arms.
Malaika Arora is currently in Goa with her boyfriend Arjun Kapoor and her family. The Chaiyya-Chaiyya girl opted for a shimmery silver power suit to welcome the New Year. The boss babe wore a sequined bralette, over which she opted for a padded-shoulder sequined coat and a pair of matching wide-legged pants. Malaika accessorised with a statement silver neckpiece and added a fierce vibe to her look by tying her hair in a tight bun and just using a bold red lipstick.
She shared a picture with Arjun on Instagram, who looked dapper in a printed T-shirt and pants. Malaika captioned the images, “It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new year ..... 2021 #eternallygrateful (sic).”
Sonam Kapoor opted for a vibe that was the perfect mix of chic and comfy to ring in the New Year with the love of her life, Anand Ahuja. Sonam chose a quirky white button-down outfit with a turtle neck which also featured buttons. She tied her hair in a tight bun and looked stunning with minimal makeup. Her glam for the night included mascara-laden lashes, on-point brows and blushed cheeks.
Sonam shared an adorable image of herself and her husband sharing a kiss and captioned it, “2021 I’m ready to take you on with the love of my life. This year is going to be filled with love, family, friends, work, travel, spiritual growth and much much more. I’m only looking forward to having the best f*****g time of our life. We will work hard and live life to the fullest and we aren’t looking back at all.”
At Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra’s home, the theme was black. Both Nick and Priyanka twinned in their outfits and looked stunning. The Baywatch actor opted for a black high-neck sweater and added a pop of sparkle to the attire with statement earrings and a pair of cut-out shades with 2021 written on them. Priyanka tied her hair in a top knot and looked radiant as she opted to go sans-makeup for the night.
She shared a picture with Nick and captioned it, “Let’s gooooo! Happy new year everyone ! Can’t wait for 2021 to hopefully make everything better. (sic).” Nick also posted a similar picture and wished his fans Happy New Year. “Future looking bright! Happy new year from London everyone! (sic), the caption read.
Shilpa Shetty welcomed the New Year dressed in a comfy all-white outfit. The actor posted a picture of herself on Instagram and it was clicked by her 8-year-old son, Viaan. She also shared an enlightening caption with it. For the night, Shilpa wore a basic white button-down full-sleeved shirt. The shirt had a tie detail in the front adding a little pizzazz to the outfit. She teamed it with a pair of white lowers and added some colour to the ensemble with her statement gold earrings and bracelets.
Shilpa glammed up the look with subtle makeup that consisted of a nude pink lipstick and mascara-laden lashes. She also left her blow-dried side-parted hair down.
Sara Ali Khan
Sara Ali Khan rang in the New Year with her brother Ibrahim Ali Khan while sitting in front of the fire and braving the chilly weather. For the night, Sara wore a pink puffy jacket which she teamed with a pair of black pants. The actor kept her hair off her face by tying them in a ponytail. She captioned the images, “Happy New Years With my brother it’s always the best cheers He takes away all my fears And forever is there to wipe all my tears (sic).”
Which of these looks is your favourite?
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Athleisure has made its way into our wardrobes and it is here to stay. Celebrities also love a good lounge wear set which they can wear at home and also run last minute errands in. However, Disha Patani and Kiara Advani are giving athleisure a summer twist with bright and bold colours and we love it.
- Mouni Roy recently shared images from a new photo shoot wearing a gorgeous bright red kurta, ijaar pants and bandhani dupatta. She looked like a dreamy dulhan in the images. All the brides-to-be take note.
- Model and celebrity chef Chrissy Teigen made her desi fans extremely happy as she danced to the Varun Dhawan and Parineeti Chopra starrer Bollywood song Jaaneman Aah from the film Dishoom.
- Nora Fatehi has a collection of dresses that ranges from minis to everything you can think of. The fashionista, who is often snapped in a beautiful attire, loves a good dress and we always end up taking inspiration from her sartorial picks.
- The high-end fashion house Dolce&Gabbana had filed a defamation suit against an Instagram account in the Italian court in 2019 and are seeking USD 600 million in damages.
- Janhvi Kapoor turned 24 today and in order to celebrate the day, we are taking a trip down memory lane and checking out the times she looked marvellous in ethnic attires.
- Allu Arjun is celebrating his 10 year wedding anniversary with wife Sneha Reddy. The fashion icon can carry every style with the utmost comfort and these pictures are proof.
- Sohail Khan's son, Nirvan Khan attended Ibrahim Ali Khan's birthday bash wearing Salman Khan's denim jacket. The piece or art jacket is worth ₹1.2 lakh.