Proof Deepika Padukone packed her sexiest dresses for Cannes 2018
You don’t get to be ‘the’ Deepika Padukone without knowing a thing or two about conquering a star-studded red carpet, first the TIMES 100 gala, then the 2018 Met Gala and now Cannes Film Festival 2018. From her day one at the annual 12-day extravaganza, where A-listers from all around the world bring their fashion A game, the Padmaavat actor has been a fashion force to reckon with. And her style just kept getting better with each outfit change.
Recall when Deepika first made her Cannes Film Festival 2018 debut on Thursday? She rocked the hell out of those seriously enviable not-your-basic blue jeans. Here’s a look.
She created another classic jeans moments by styling her frayed blue denims from LA-based label Frame with a relaxed deep V neck bodysuit by ATM Anthony Thomas Melillo. Here it is:
While we’d copy all of Deepika’s chic jeans outfits in an instant, the sartorially blessed actor showed off the most glamorous outfits between the photo calls, parties, and the red carpet.
There’s a reason Deepika Padukone is always the best dressed woman at any red carpet. Sure, she has access to collections that aren’t even available yet and all the best designers (most likely on speed dial), but that would mean nothing if she didn’t have creativity when it comes to clothes. Her completely see-through Zuhair Murad gown and dramatic cape pairing was the definition of glamour, right?
Experimenting with proportions, pairing unlikely colours (this ultraviolet pantsuit though) and playing with layers (she made this sculptural Ashi Studio dress look easy) are just a few of Deepika’s signature style moves that she used during her stint at Cannes 2018. Keep scrolling to see every single Deepika Padukone look from Thursday and Friday and screenshot your favourite ones as you go (you know you want to).
1. After touching down in Cannes wearing an oversized gingham shirt dress from Maison Margiela, Deepika did some posing in a chic blue skinny jeans and glamorous round brown-tinted shades that might have gone a bit under-the-radar.
2. But we’re not about to let you miss her second stylish outing. Deepika paired her multi-coloured striped midi dress featuring flared sleeves from Tome NYC with Christian Louboutin pumps, Viange earrings and rings from Suhani Parekh.
3. Deepika then slipped into a peach and black printed maxi dress from Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini’s Fall Winter 2018 line. She completed her look with Alberta Ferretti heels, a pair of retro-inspired heart-shaped earrings, pink lips, winged eye liner and hair tied in a high ponytail.
4. Deepika then headed out to the famous Cannes red carpet in a showstopping Zuhair Murad look. The gown came complete with a plunging neckline — it is Cannes, after all — emerald and diamond earrings, as well as multiple rings by Lorraine Schwartz and a pair of metallic heels from Nicholas Kirkwood.
5. Right after walking the red carpet, Deepika was seen in another breezy summer dresses. Taking the floral route, Deepika stepped out in a full-sleeved cream Monique Lhuillier maxi dress with a plunging neckline and gathered floor-sweeping cape, which she paired with Valliyan earrings and Valentino shoes.
6. Then came this blue Frame jeans, white ATM Anthony Thomas Melillo bodysuit, Roger Vivier heels combo that’s perfect on her enviable figure.
7. Deepika just nailed this Victoria Hayes pantsuit in ultraviolet. If you look closely, you’ll notice surprising feminine touchs added to the powerful mens-inspired look: Chunky rings and statement-making stud earrings from Suhani Parekh’s label Misho.
8. Deepika looked like a goddess in her luxe metallic dress from Alberta Ferretti’s fall winter 2018 collection. Her bronze-gold-ish dress featured such a daring low neckline, our jaws were on the ground. The sultry design literally looked like it was held together by those two tiny string-like details on her bodice.
9. Deepika was just one of the many stars to hit up the Cannes Film Festival red carpet on Friday, and let’s just say she brought the drama with this sculptural fuchsia pink gown from Ashi Studio’s spring summer 2018 couture collection. Flexing her edgier side, Deepika wore this three-dimensional, almost regal and fairytale-like, dress crafted from yards and yards of tulle to the Ash Is Purest White screening on Friday. Giving life and at the same time adding elegance to this larger-than-life piece were Deepika’s understandbly minimal accessories: Rich pink Aquazzura pumps and emerald earrings and rings by Lorraine Schwartz.
Here it is again, just in case you missed these glamorous details.
10. For her final Cannes 2018 look, Deepika chose a black Marcell von Berlin gown for the Chopard party on Friday and suddenly, none of our black dresses looked as good as this one. Just look at her.
Deepika’s choice to wear a long gown with an attached floor-grazing cape, a plunging neckline and the most flattering silhouette that hugged her hourglass figure perfectly, deserves a round of applause. To make her fancy look even more swoon-worthy, Deepika showed off her diamond Chopard earrings by tying her hair in a really high bun, which was the highlight of her glamazon look.
Now, between the crazy good denim styles, cute summer dresses and sexy plunging gowns, it is hard to tell what we loved the most about Deepika’s Cannes 2018 looks.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bhagyashree gives fans a sneak-peek into her kitchen as she prepares organic oil to nourish her hair, claims it reduces hairfall when applied atleast once every week | Watch
- Hina Khan recently took to her social media and shared images of herself wearing a purple and pink tracksuit. We are guessing that this is what Barbie would look like in athleisure.
- For her flight, Kiara Advani opted for an extremely comfy attire and wore an all-black velvet tracksuit. The Kabir Singh actor added a hint of elan to it with her high-end cross-body bag.
- Shanaya Kapoor oozes charms as she lays fashion inspiration, for resort wear this summer season, in a sizzling floral mini dress which is sure to make heads turns
- For her cousin's haldi ceremony in the Maldives, the Ek Villain actor Shraddha Kapoor opted to wear a white and sea blue lehenga choli set and look absolutely breathtaking.
- Vaani Kapoor raises the bar of ethnic fashion this season by stunning in a ₹1.5 lakh olive green sleeveless velvet kurta and sharara from Anita Dongre and we are bookmarking this opulent look for the next wedding
- For a promotional event of her upcoming film, Roohi, Janhvi Kapoor opted to wear a gorgeous floor-sweeping black dress and looked absolutely fantastic.