Pyer Moss designer, Kerby Jean-Raymond to helm new fashion line for Reebok
Acclaimed Haitian-American designer Kerby Jean-Raymond will create a new fashion line for Reebok, his label announced Tuesday, as the struggling sportswear manufacturer seeks to revive its brand.
Jean-Raymond, whose work has highlighted police brutality against African-Americans, will serve as artistic director of a new division called Reebok Studies, Pyer Moss said in a statement.
Jean-Raymond rose to fame at New York Fashion Week in late 2015 when Pyer Moss’s spring 2016 collection took inspiration from the Black Lives Matter movement, which campaigns against racism towards black people.
He is considered one of the best fashion designers of his generation and his designs regularly feature references to African-American culture and the community’s role in the history of the United States.
The tie-ups have come with the growing athleisure trend, which has seen sportswear take over the fashion landscape.
Reebok’s turnover fell 3.0 percent on-year in 2018, data showed in March, continuing a struggle for growth that has persisted since Adidas took it over in 2005.
It has been collaborating with Jean-Raymond since 2017.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Leaving fans hooked with her saree chronicles, Janhvi Kapoor serves another sensuous look from Manish Malhotra’s collection in an ivory-coloured six yards of elegance as she promotes her upcoming film ‘Roohi’ on Day 4
- Vidya Balan recently dolled up for an e-interview and we love everything about retro-chic vibe. From her dove grey asymmetric kurta to smart narrow pants, we can’t wait to recreate the delightful silhouette as we walk into spring-summer
- Want to set mercury soaring when going for lunch or an evening out? Take fashion cues from Aditi Rao Hydari’s romantic steamy look for The Girl on The Train promotions in a pink strappy twisted bustier teamed with wide-leg pants that look flirty enough to add drama to our summer closet
- Kriti Sanon recently gave us outfit goals as she stepped out in a bodycon denim romper with white accessories for casual outing. We can't help but marvel at the choices of the fashionista.
- For her much anticipated interview with the media mogul, Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Markle wore a black silk dress and showed that she knows how to do maternity fashion right.
- Janhvi Kapoor recently stepped out in an ethereal flowy dress for a promotional event of her upcoming film Roohi. The dress that is worth ₹22k is one of our favourite looks donned by the actor.
- For a recent shoot, Kiara Advani wore a beautiful bralette and skirt co-ord set. The Kabir Singh actor made it clear that summer is here in her matching attire and we love it.
- Erica Fernandes has been serving one steamy look after another during her stay at the Maldives, be it in a powder blue bodysuit or acid wash bustier-skirt and fashionistas can’t help but take notes to slay at the next beach vacation