Fashion, splendour, glitterati and paparazzi were at its full bloom in Quintessence 2008, the annual fashion show of WLC college of India. The event, held at the Intercontinental Eros, was attended by luminaries from the fashion fraternity and the who's who of the city.
Choreographed by Rashmi Virani and facet models of the likes of Joey Mathew, Amanpreet Wahi, Esther and Danielle, the show left the audience enthralled.
Before the show, the collections were critically reviewed by highly respected names from the fashion world. Eminent personalities from the fashion and allied industries added glamour to the show with their presence.
The collections comprised various interesting premises ranging from the classic Gothic Culture, inspired by seven deadly sins to chic Architectural Panorama, enthused by monumental forms. Some themes, like that of SPYKAR Award Winner Amit Kanu, portrayed the human instincts to fight for survival.
A plethora of fabrics encompassing all-time favourite silk, sophisticated linen, chiffon, satin, velvet, soothing cotton and even jute were used.
Stylish Nets, exquisite cuts, remarkable patches and diverse shapes brought out the beauty of the attire and passion of the budding designers.
In the race for excellence, the colours were not left far behind too. Metallic shades, blacks, whites, glittering creamy hues, reds with sundry rust contrast, and earthy shades ruled the roost. Eras come and go but love is eternal- being it in Mughal times or the present. The emotion was presented in the collection Royal Pride that was the solo crusader of Indian Ethnic wears among the western cuts.
The gala evening concluded with the triumphant launch of an entire batch comprising of 12 new faces- young designers to reckon with in the Indian Fashion Industry.
Finally, Best Collection Award of Quintessence 2008 went to Avantika Nischol for her collection X+Y=Z that was inspired by the world of aqua micro-organisms.
Jigya Sodhi and Mansha Sahni attained the Technical Excellence Collection Award. In Mansha's words, "My anthology draws idea from the promiscuity in women. My woman is enticing, sensual, progressive and resplendent in her glory. The colours used have been black and red, with a regal air."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Khushi Kapoor is currently holidaying in Delhi and giving us winter wardrobe inspiration. The 20-year-old has been spotted wearing a lot of delicate crop sweaters and wide-legged pants.
- Nora Fatehi, who is currently holidaying in Dubai, has been serving us some royal looks lately. Her recent statement-making kaftan dress is fit for a queen and we love it.
- Anne Hathaway forgoes the traditional red carpet premiere of her film ‘Locked Down’ but treats fans to a slew of luxurious looks in three dazzling metallic gowns from Vivienne Westwood, Versace and Azzaro and we can’t stop swooning
- Samantha Akkineni recently slayed in a denim midi dress at the promotions of her upcoming web series, The Family Man. The actor flaunted her enviable curves in the distressed bodycon outfit.
- Manish Malhotra encourages men to experiment with colours this wedding season, nails a dapper magnificent look in a purple textured sherwani with a bold animal emblem and a pair of white pants and we are in awe
- Gauahar Khan shared images of herself looking absolutely stunning in a sweater worth ₹2k and pyjamas along with husband Zaid Darbar. The fashionista can slay any outfit and these images are proof.
- Want to look your 'vinatge best' on a date night with bae this winter? Sonam Kapoor Ahuja sorts fashion woes on how to sizzle up some romance and make a steamy monochromatic statement like she does in a sultry black velvet dress from Anand Ahuja's Bhaane. Read on for styling cues
- Want to make a fashion statement in office while sticking to an easy fit no-fuss garment? Look no further as Bhumi Pednekar sorts your fashion woes with her radiant look in a dirt yellow and beige jumpsuit that is sure to steal all the spotlight at work
- 13-time PGA Tour winner, Justin Thomas was dropped as an ambassador by the fashion brand Ralph Lauren on Friday, after the golfer was caught uttering a homophobic slur last Saturday during a tournament.
- For Makar Sankranti celebrations at her home, Aditi Rao Hydari wore a breathtakingly beautiful anarkali suit that featured an exquisite floral print.
- Karisma Kapoor exudes the richness of sartorial traditions as she nails work from home fashion in a vibrant ready-to-wear handmade midi dress, in romantic pink hue, by Anita Dongre and we are smitten
- Sonam Kapoor Ahuja proves to be ahead of the fashion curve yet again as she looks like a dream while flaunting a sensual and generous silhouette in Stephane Rolland’s Imperial China inspired gown, ravishing pictures set the Internet ablaze
- Milan Fashion Week 2021: Though Dolce & Gabbana have withdrawn from the four-day men's fashion event, brands like Fendi, Etro and Kway are opting to broadcast live shows while Ermenegildo Zegna, Tod's, Prada and Church's have opted for pre-records as rising Covid-19 cases dampen the buzz in Italy