Sheer and there
At a recent awards show in Mumbai, socialite Parmeshwar Godrej turned many a head and flash bulb for her bold bandage dress with a sheer lace top. She accessorised her see-through outfit with strategically placed nipple paste-ons. Model Lisa Haydon, too, wore a sheer Chanel creation.
Late last year, Slumdog Millionaire star Freida Pinto, too, was seen in a barely-there dress at the GQ awards red carpet gala. And, this time, style experts aren’t calling the trend a disaster.
In fact, they are hailing it as ‘hot’. “Sheer and lace are big trends internationally. It was about time someone did this in India,” says Mumbai-based stylist Umesh Jivnanai. “Why be afraid to wear something sheer? There only needs to be a subtlety to your choice of innerwear,” feels designer Hemant Sagar. Jivnani adds, “If there’s an example of a sheer disaster, it’s Mallika Sherawat at the Inglorious Basterds premiere.
Parmeshwar, however, gets a thumbs up. “She looks amazing for her age (65),” says Jivnani. “No doubt she has a great bod (sic), but a flesh-toned push-up bra would’ve been a better choice than pasties,” says fashion blogger Jasmeen Duggal.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Athleisure has made its way into our wardrobes and it is here to stay. Celebrities also love a good lounge wear set which they can wear at home and also run last minute errands in. However, Disha Patani and Kiara Advani are giving athleisure a summer twist with bright and bold colours and we love it.
- Mouni Roy recently shared images from a new photo shoot wearing a gorgeous bright red kurta, ijaar pants and bandhani dupatta. She looked like a dreamy dulhan in the images. All the brides-to-be take note.
- Model and celebrity chef Chrissy Teigen made her desi fans extremely happy as she danced to the Varun Dhawan and Parineeti Chopra starrer Bollywood song Jaaneman Aah from the film Dishoom.
- The high-end fashion house Dolce&Gabbana had filed a defamation suit against an Instagram account in the Italian court in 2019 and are seeking USD 600 million in damages.
- Kangana Ranaut looked radiant in a pink anarkali kurta with full, churidar sleeves, a white churidar and a self printed white dupatta. The Queen actor's look is perfect for the blazing heat of Mumbai.
- Janhvi Kapoor turned 24 today and in order to celebrate the day, we are taking a trip down memory lane and checking out the times she looked marvellous in ethnic attires.
- Allu Arjun is celebrating his 10 year wedding anniversary with wife Sneha Reddy. The fashion icon can carry every style with the utmost comfort and these pictures are proof.
- Sohail Khan's son, Nirvan Khan attended Ibrahim Ali Khan's birthday bash wearing Salman Khan's denim jacket. The piece or art jacket is worth ₹1.2 lakh.