Sonam Kapoor’s Rs 15,000 bird print saree is unexpected but completely cool
In recent weeks, all eyes have been on actor Sonam Kapoor as she prepares to marry longtime boyfriend Anand Ahuja in Mumbai on May 8. Everything from who will design Sonam’s wedding dress to who will perform on what song at the sangeet have been discussed as fans await the high profile summer wedding. But now the fashionable bride has turned our heads thanks to her unexpected ensemble choice during an outing with her to-be-husband at Mumbai on Friday.
Just when you thought Sonam had fully embraced Anand’s clothing line Bhane for casual outings, the Neerja actor threw us for a loop. Rather than choose one of sporty separates and a denim jacket, Sonam made jaws drop with her effortless yet stunning monorchrome saree and contrasting hot pink blouse from her designer-friend Masaba Gupta’s label, House of Masaba.
Sonam certainly has plenty of opportunities to dress up, be it on red carpets or film promotion events, but it’s rare to see her wear sarees, much less a brightly-coloured one with a retro print. The National Award winner favours pastel shades with classic-yet-comfy silhouettes, especially for casual appearances. Is she taking a cue from her Veere Di Wedding co-star Kareena Kapoor Khan’s book and mixing it up a bit? Whatever her inspiration, we love it.
Sonam’s trendy bird’s chiffon saree, which retails at Rs 15000, is an example of how bright colours, unexpected silhouettes, and creative details can enhance a low-key ensemble and make it a showstopper. The actor has proven she’s not afraid to try out a new print, especially if it means having a little fun with a traditional Indian drape.
And, because no Sonam Kapoor look is complete without stellar accessories and finishing touches that totally make the outfit, the PadMan star wore quirky oversized black metal earrings and neutral brown flats.
Still not convinced a youthful saree like Sonam’s will slot seamlessly into your summer festive wardrobe?
Below are actors Neha Dhupia and Tamannaah Bhatia rocking similar whimsical sarees, so now you have no excuse not to give them a try.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Malaika Arora recently took to Instagram to wish her fans a happy Sunday as the actor enjoyed a lazy day at home wearing comfy clothes.
- Sonkashi Sinha lays perfect style tips to break all the fashion records on a work-day in a dainty pink suit set with bell-sleeves and gorgeous pastel colour-base that has left us hooked with its must-have appeal for our summer closet
- Want to raise the hotness quotient while looking effortlessly trendy? Search no further and take fashion cues from Radhika Madan whose fun and fearless style for Netflix series ‘Spotlight’ looks fresh as spring in an off-shoulder scarlet crop top, jeans and red heels
- For a promotional event of her recently released film, The Girl On The Train, Parineeti Chopra showed how to slay in an all-black attire and add extra oomph to it.
- Alia Bhatt and Mrunal Thakur were recently snapped wearing the same dress. The green coloured midi dress is a great pick for summer season. Who do you think wore it better?
- Kareena Kapoor has changed the face of maternity fashion. From figure-flaunting dresses to dreamy kurtas and kaftans, the actor was seen wearing everything while expecting her second son. One of her outfits that created a lot of buzz was a sea green kurta set that the actor wore during a shoot.
- Priyanka Chopra recently took to Twitter and showed fans her new silver-framed spectacles. However, it was her stunning green well-fitted shirt that garnered all the attention.
- Shilpa Shetty is currently holidaying in the Maldives and giving us sartorial goals. The fashionista recently wore a gorgeous pink and yellow pleated saree dress worth ₹25k and looked absolutely fantastic.