Suit up: How to rock a blazer like Kim Kardashian and Rihanna
New York Fashion Week has raised the bar for street style, but amidst all the fashion chaos, a star piece has emerged: the statement blazer. Bold, mannish jackets have been on our radar ever since Rihanna donned an outsized one to meet the First Lady of France, Brigitte Macron, to discuss her global education initiative back in July. The statement shoulders and long sleeves of RiRi’s blazer put a playful twist on business dressing, and, it seems, set the tone for fall dressing.
Since then, supermodel Kendall Jenner has been spotted working the oversized blazer as her new go-to piece for that off-duty model look, as well as donning a mannish, too-big tweed coat in a nod to the look, a move followed by Selena Gomez.
But while Jenner has teamed her tailoring with jeans and sweaters, big sister Kim Kardashian has taken things to the other extreme, wearing the piece on its own as a dress (coincidentally, also a look that Rihanna has sported during New York Fashion Week).
Of course, the blazer can also be worn the conventional way, and both Gigi and Bella Hadid have been rocking the trend recently on the red carpet, with Bella going gold and double-breasted for a Max Mara store opening and Gigi making repeated appearances in brightly-hued suits throughout New York Fashion Week. However you choose to wear it, the blazer is shaping up to be the most in-demand cover up this season.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Khushi Kapoor is currently holidaying in Delhi and giving us winter wardrobe inspiration. The 20-year-old has been spotted wearing a lot of delicate crop sweaters and wide-legged pants.
- Nora Fatehi, who is currently holidaying in Dubai, has been serving us some royal looks lately. Her recent statement-making kaftan dress is fit for a queen and we love it.
- Anne Hathaway forgoes the traditional red carpet premiere of her film ‘Locked Down’ but treats fans to a slew of luxurious looks in three dazzling metallic gowns from Vivienne Westwood, Versace and Azzaro and we can’t stop swooning
- Samantha Akkineni recently slayed in a denim midi dress at the promotions of her upcoming web series, The Family Man. The actor flaunted her enviable curves in the distressed bodycon outfit.
- Manish Malhotra encourages men to experiment with colours this wedding season, nails a dapper magnificent look in a purple textured sherwani with a bold animal emblem and a pair of white pants and we are in awe
- Gauahar Khan shared images of herself looking absolutely stunning in a sweater worth ₹2k and pyjamas along with husband Zaid Darbar. The fashionista can slay any outfit and these images are proof.
- Want to look your 'vinatge best' on a date night with bae this winter? Sonam Kapoor Ahuja sorts fashion woes on how to sizzle up some romance and make a steamy monochromatic statement like she does in a sultry black velvet dress from Anand Ahuja's Bhaane. Read on for styling cues
- Want to make a fashion statement in office while sticking to an easy fit no-fuss garment? Look no further as Bhumi Pednekar sorts your fashion woes with her radiant look in a dirt yellow and beige jumpsuit that is sure to steal all the spotlight at work
- 13-time PGA Tour winner, Justin Thomas was dropped as an ambassador by the fashion brand Ralph Lauren on Friday, after the golfer was caught uttering a homophobic slur last Saturday during a tournament.
- For Makar Sankranti celebrations at her home, Aditi Rao Hydari wore a breathtakingly beautiful anarkali suit that featured an exquisite floral print.
- Karisma Kapoor exudes the richness of sartorial traditions as she nails work from home fashion in a vibrant ready-to-wear handmade midi dress, in romantic pink hue, by Anita Dongre and we are smitten
- Sonam Kapoor Ahuja proves to be ahead of the fashion curve yet again as she looks like a dream while flaunting a sensual and generous silhouette in Stephane Rolland’s Imperial China inspired gown, ravishing pictures set the Internet ablaze
- Milan Fashion Week 2021: Though Dolce & Gabbana have withdrawn from the four-day men's fashion event, brands like Fendi, Etro and Kway are opting to broadcast live shows while Ermenegildo Zegna, Tod's, Prada and Church's have opted for pre-records as rising Covid-19 cases dampen the buzz in Italy