Oil for your skin type, organic options to soothe your body in summer
The blazing summer heat requires a change in your skin care routine and products. You can no longer rely on products that have worked their magic during winters. It’s safer to stick to essential oils that suit your skin type, whether it’s dry, oily, or a combination of the two. Supriya Malik, founder, Indulgeo Essentials and Dilip Kundlia, founder, Oshea Herbals, share a few tips to deal with different skin types:
Dry Skin: During summers, we often tend to avoid venturing out under the scorching sun and prefer staying in an air conditioned environment. As a result, the skin gets dull and dry, presenting a need for reinstatement of moisture content in the skin via some essential facial oils. These oils safeguard the trans epidermal water loss by creating a natural protective barrier on the skin.
Organic oils for dry skin: Almond oil, lavender oil, avocado oil, argan oil, flaxseed oil, lemon grass oil.
Oily Skin: Sweating is an indispensable part during summers, which results in oily skin. Hot and humid weather, leads to an increase in the production of oil from the Sebaceous Glands. This in turn, increases the greasiness on the skin. It might be surprising that facial oils are inevitable for oily skin, too as our skin might also be thirsty for its desired nourishment. These nutrients are sucked easily by the dermis, thereby making the skin healthier.
Organic oils for oily skin: Primrose oil, jojoba oil, grape seed oil, geranium oil, neem oil, patchouli oil.
Combination Skin: Summers are taxing for those who have an oily T-zone, along with dry patches on the rest of the face. People having combination skin, must use products which maintain a right balance, so that the skin is neither buttery nor brittle. Thus, such people should go in for lighter based oils with anti-bacterial properties that will battle the oily areas and shield the drier ones.
Organic oils for combination skin: Olive oil, ylang ylang oil, rosemary oil, raspberry seed oil, carrot seed oil, grape seed oil, jojoba oil.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Want to make a fashion statement in office while sticking to an easy fit no-fuss garment? Look no further as Bhumi Pednekar sorts your fashion woes with her radiant look in a dirt yellow and beige jumpsuit that is sure to steal all the spotlight at work
- 13-time PGA Tour winner, Justin Thomas was dropped as an ambassador by the fashion brand Ralph Lauren on Friday, after the golfer was caught uttering a homophobic slur last Saturday during a tournament.
- For Makar Sankranti celebrations at her home, Aditi Rao Hydari wore a breathtakingly beautiful anarkali suit that featured an exquisite floral print.
- Karisma Kapoor exudes the richness of sartorial traditions as she nails work from home fashion in a vibrant ready-to-wear handmade midi dress, in romantic pink hue, by Anita Dongre and we are smitten
- Sonam Kapoor Ahuja proves to be ahead of the fashion curve yet again as she looks like a dream while flaunting a sensual and generous silhouette in Stephane Rolland’s Imperial China inspired gown, ravishing pictures set the Internet ablaze
- Milan Fashion Week 2021: Though Dolce & Gabbana have withdrawn from the four-day men's fashion event, brands like Fendi, Etro and Kway are opting to broadcast live shows while Ermenegildo Zegna, Tod's, Prada and Church's have opted for pre-records as rising Covid-19 cases dampen the buzz in Italy
- Looking for a picnic date outfit to make a statement? Hina Khan is giving some inspiration in her white sheer lace dress. The actor, known for her impeccable sartorial sense, recently shared stunning images of herself and we are speechless.
- Janhvi Kapoor has made a name for herself as a fashionista. Time and again, the actor wears an outfit and inspires us to upgrade our wardrobe. This time, she is teaching us the correct way to do layering during winter season.
- Nora Fatehi again made headlines as she stepped out wearing a gorgeous beige kaftan dress. The dancer gave elegance a new meaning with her regal outfit.