Dear bride-to-be, here are 5 reasons you should make papaya your best friend
From boosting your metabolism to aiding in exfoliation, papaya is a superfood.
Ahead of the wedding season, every would-be bride looks for ways to look their best on their big day. Adding papaya to your diet will go a long way in helping you achieve glowing skin and a fit body. It might sound incredible but this one fruit, papaya, can really do wonders for all your beauty and health needs, says Mehar Rajput, dietitian and nutritionist at Fitpass.
* Cuts back the fat: Make it a habit to eat two bowls of papaya every day for a month prior to the D-day. The fruit has a super enzyme, papain, that helps in faster digestion and increasing metabolism, which aid in an efficient weight loss strategy.
* Aids digestion: Irregular and unhealthy eating due to wedding jitters can have the bride constantly complaining about acidity or upset stomach. A bowl of papaya everyday can keep stomach problems at bay through its papain enzyme, which helps in improving digestion. Moreover, the fibre content in papaya clears the stomach and aids digestive performance so that the bride stays happy from within.
Mohit Narang, skincare expert, Avon, too shares the skin care benefits of papaya:
* Great for exfoliation: Pep up your skin with papaya since it has an enzymatic effect and it is good for clearing dead skin.
* Aids in de-tanning: Papaya is as refreshing for your skin as it is for your body when you eat it. It has an anti-tanning effect and is an excellent beauty choice for de-tanning.
* Helps in skin polishing: Papaya gives your skin a radiant glow and a smooth finish.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more