Homoeopathy: Grow a healing garden in your house comprising garlic, tulsi, thyme and more
Aloe Vera, garlic, tulsi, ashwagandha and other medicinal plants can be grown within your house and they have a plethora of benefits.fitness Updated: Jun 22, 2017 19:55 IST
One always aspires to be fit and healthy without taking any medicines. However, as we know most of the time that scenario is not possible. But how about taking a natural substance as a medicine which has no side effects?
“There are things that we get naturally in nature which have their own importance. Since homoeopathic remedies belong to the natural world, they have their own value. There are various natural sources of homoeopathic medicines including plant kingdom, animal kingdom and mineral kingdom. About 60 percent of homoeopathic medicines are made from plants or its parts like roots, berries, flowers, seeds, etc. So, taking a natural substance to restore health is one of the best treatments to an illness,” says Dr Pankaj Aggarwal.
Some common medicines made from the plant kingdom are Allium cepa, Pulsatilla, Bryonia, Belladonna, Gelsemium, Rhus toxicodendron, Aconite, etc. Dr Aggarwal has listed the plants you can grow at home that can be your survival kit.
1. Aloe Vera- The juice from Aloe Vera is exceptionally useful in speeding up the healing process of wounds, cuts, burns and reducing inflammation. Aloe Vera also supports the regeneration of healthy non cancerous cells, it helps detoxify the body, protects from auto immune diseases, Improves blood circulation, combats diabetes and cholesterol. The Homeopathic medicine named Aloes is made from Aloe Vera.
2. Garlic- It is a very powerful medicinal plant. Eating a clove or two of fresh garlic a day may help keep the doctor away because it has immune-boosting, antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal effects. Use its capsules internally for recurrent vaginal yeast infections, use a garlic infusion topically as a soak for athlete’s foot, or add garlic to an oil to treat middle ear infections. It is toxic to almost 14 cancer cells including brain, lungs and breast.
3. Tulsi- Tulsi is well-known for its religious and spiritual purity, as well as for its important use in the traditional Ayurvedic and homeopathic medicines. Tulsi is generally used for the treatment of fever with pains, typhoid, Influenza, flu, catarrh, cough, tonsillitis, teary eyes, diarrhoea and so on.
4. Ashwagandha- It improves our memory, helps to keep us free from anxiety, Improves mental ability, increase sperm count, improves the quality of sperms, works as a powerful immune booster, helps to stop premature ejaculation, boosts the immune system and helps with diabetes. Ashwagandha has no side effects.
5. Basil- It is a frequently used cookery herb with medicinal uses that you can effortlessly grow in your kitchen garden. Basil is not just for pesto anymore, but a plant of many health benefits. Basil has health benefits like lowering blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
6. Thyme- It is mostly known for its strong antiseptic nature, you can straightforwardly grow it in dry, well-drained light soil with enough sunlight. Thyme is a dominant antioxidant, expectorant, as well as antiseptic and has antibacterial properties. It is also an excellent source of vitamins C and A, iron, manganese, copper and fiber.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Jun 22, 2017 19:52 IST