Full score, FIFA World Cup 2018, Kazan: France beat Australia
France recorded an important if an unconvincing 2-1 win over Australia in their opening Group C match in Kazan on Saturday. After a somewhat drab first half, it all came to life after the break with all three goals coming in the second half. Antoine Griezmann converted the very first penalty awarded by Video Assistant Referee (VaR) at a World Cup, but minutes later Austrlia were level with a spot kick of their own. Just when it looked the match was heading for a draw Paul Pogba popped up with a winner for Les Blues. Get full score of the FIFA World Cup 2018 opening Group C match between France and Australia here.
If you can’t view full score and updates FIFA World Cup 2018 opening match between France and Australia, click here.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bayern Munich roared back from two goals down to beat Borussia Dortmund 4-2.
- Morata helped Juventus come from behind to beat Lazio 3-1 in Serie A.
- Messi helped Barca take the lead on the half-hour mark when he carved open Osasuna's defence with a superb cross-field ball to Alba, who controlled before blasting into the roof of the net.
- Daniel Amartey's 88th-minute header completed a comeback win for Leicester who stretched their unbeaten away run to 10 games.
- The draw also extended NorthEast unbeaten run this season to 11, with 10 of those coming under interim head coach Khalid Jamil. The 43-year-old Indian coach made three changes to the side that had won 2-0 against Kerala Blasters in their last league game of the campaign.
- Chelsea dominated Thursday’s game and could have had more goals to add to Mason Mount’s exquisite first-half strike that turned out to be the match-winner.
- FC Goa attacked Dessai through Saviour Gama before twinkle-toed Jorge Ortiz tested him. By the 17th minute, Dessai had been caught out thrice; the last time because of a poor pass which Alexander Jesuraj intercepted needing a tackle from Vignesh Dakshinamurthy that could have been a penalty.
- Muller wouldn’t feature regularly that season but he went on to score in the Champions League knockout stages coming on as a substitute against Sporting Lisbon.
- Musiala has been making steady progress since he joined Bayern’s under-17 team from Chelsea in 2019. He has made 27 appearances for the first team, scoring four goals.