Amit Shah lauds UP govt over law and order, takes a swipe at Akhilesh | Latest News India - Hindustan Times
close_game
close_game

Amit Shah lauds UP govt over law and order, takes a swipe at Akhilesh

ByS Raju
Dec 03, 2021 01:06 AM IST

He asserted that the crime rate had reduced during BJP rule in Uttar Pradesh and incidents of loot declined by 69%, cases of murder by 30% and dowry deaths by 22.5% in comparison to the previous government. He advised Akhilesh Yadav to go home and examine the data.

Union home minister Amit Shah on Thursday said that the law and order situation has improved in Uttar Pradesh under the Yogi Adityanath government, emphasising that the dacoity rate fell by 70% in comparison to the previous Samajwadi Party (SP) regime led by Akhilesh Yadav.

Union home minister Amit Shah on Thursday said that the law and order situation has improved in Uttar Pradesh under the Yogi Adityanath government. (PTI PHOTO.)
Union home minister Amit Shah on Thursday said that the law and order situation has improved in Uttar Pradesh under the Yogi Adityanath government. (PTI PHOTO.)

Shah was addressing a public meeting at Puwarka in Saharanpur district on Thursday after laying the foundation stone of the Maa Shakumbhari State University along with chief minister Yogi Adityanath, Union education minister Dharmendra Pradhan, deputy chief minister Dinesh Sharma, other ministers and party leaders.

Now catch your favourite game on Crickit. Anytime Anywhere. Find out how

The home minister said people of western UP were facing the terror of the mafia earlier but the Yogi government had restored the honour of the region by initiating stern action against criminals.

“The mafia and criminals now surrender before the police,” Shah said and appreciated Yogi Adityanath for providing security to the people, especially women and girls, by creating an atmosphere free of fear.

Hitting out at Akhilesh Yadav, Shah said that he had heard the SP leader’s claim that crime has increased in UP under the Yogi government and asked “Akhileshji aap kahan se chashma laaye ho? (From where have you bought your glasses?)”

“I have comparative data of crime under both governments,” he said.

He asserted that the crime rate had reduced during BJP rule in Uttar Pradesh and incidents of loot declined by 69%, cases of murder by 30% and dowry deaths by 22.5% in comparison to the previous government. He advised Akhilesh Yadav to go home and examine the data.

Listing the achievements of the Narendra Modi government, he said the Prime Minister had done what no one else could do in the past 70 years.

He repealed Article 370 of the Constitution, provided justice to Muslim women by doing away with triple talaq and a grand Ram Mandir is now being built in Ayodhya, Shah said.

The home minister also said the new university in Saharanpur will help in providing good education to youths of the districts nearby and they would no longer have to go outside to pursue their studies.

He also mentioned a free ration scheme to poor. Besides, Shah said 90% of the sugarcane dues had been paid and the remaining 10% payment would also be made soon.

He accused previous governments of hatching a conspiracy to sell sugar mills and said a CBI inquiry is underway to probe these deals.

“No sugar mill was sold under the Yogi government,” he added and called upon the people to ensure the BJP’s victory in over 300 seats in the forthcoming assembly elections in the state.

Reacting to Shah’s remarks, Samajwadi Party state spokesperson Rajendra Chaudhary said: “From top to bottom, the BJP leadership lies. Under the BJP rule, the state for four and a half years had been grabbing headlines nationally for crimes. Crime in all categories has risen. Hathras, Pratapgarh, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, almost all districts reported major crimes. In custody deaths or crimes against Dalits, the government got a rap from SC and the human rights commission. Even farmers were mowed down by BJP leaders. The government and its lies are exposed and people will throw this government out and bring in an SP government.”

Get World Cup ready with Crickit! From live scores to match stats, catch all the action here. Explore now!

See more

Get Current Updates on India News, Budget 2024, Arunachal CM Oath Ceremony Live, Weather Today along with Latest News and Top Headlines from India and around the world.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
Share this article
SHARE
Story Saved
Live Score
OPEN APP
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Thursday, June 13, 2024
Start 14 Days Free Trial Subscribe Now
Follow Us On