Justice Vikram Nath is the new Gujarat High Court Chief Justice
Senior judge of the Allahabad High Court, Justice Vikram Nath, has been appointed the Chief Justice of the Gujarat High Court on Sunday following the Supreme Court collegium’s recommendation sent last month.
A notification released by the law ministry on Sunday confirmed his appointment “with effect from the date he assumes charge of his office”.
The Supreme Court collegium had last month cleared Nath for appointment as the Chief Justice of the Gujarat High Court reversing its earlier recommendation to appoint him as the Chief Justice of the Andhra Pradesh High Court on the Centre’s request.
Fifty-six-year-old Justice Nath, who obtained a law degree in 1986, enrolled himself as a practising lawyer in Allahabad in March 1987. He was appointed an additional judge of the Allahabad High Court in 2004 and was elevated to the post of a permanent judge in 2006.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The opposition Congress accused the government of "high handedness" against the protestors especially women while drawing parallels with British rule and calling it "General Dyer's government".
- “We'll send teams to poll-bound states - to West Bengal and Kerala. We will not support any party but appeal to people to vote for the candidates who can defeat BJP.", said BKU leader Balbir S Rajewal
- None of the students had any symptoms of Covid-19 and when their samples were again subjected to RT-PCR tests, the results were negative.
- Karat was referring to remarks made during the hearing of a plea filed by a public servant, who is accused of repeatedly raping a girl, against the Bombay High Court February 5 order which had cancelled his anticipatory bail.
- Shubham Chaudhuri -- a volunteer with global climate activist group 'Extinction Rebellion' told the court that he has nothing to do with the making of the alleged toolkit and has been implicated in the case.
- A notorious drug dealer, Sunil Howlader, was arrested during the raid. He is a resident of Rasulpur. His SUV was also seized.