Future will be technology driven, we need to embrace it: Modi on Mann ki Baat
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is addressing the nation on Mann Ki Baat.india Updated: Jul 31, 2016 11:37 IST
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation on Mann Ki Baat. Below are the updates from his monthly radio address:
- It’s the duty of 125 crore people of India to motivate our players who will participate in Rio
- One does not become an athlete overnight. It requires years of effort and hard work.
- We all should do something to motivate our players in coming days, I will also be with you to encourage players
- Your PM is ready to become a postman; on the ‘Narendra Modi App’ share your good wishes for the athletes. Let us encourage our athletes as much as possible
-When we remember Dr. Kalam we think of science, technology... future is going to be technology driven, we need to embrace it
-Tehcnology changes with every passing day, you can’t catch it..it keeps on transforming. Research and innovation is important
-Let us AIM to innovate. When I talk about AIM, I am talking about “Atal Innovation Mission”
- Few days ago, we were worrying about drought situation; now where on one side we hear about monsoon, on the other side, we hear about floods
-State governments and Centre are working closely to help the flood-affected people
-Govt, hospitals and doctors are doing their bit; but, I request you to be alert so that dengue can be prevented
- Do not take antibiotics without a doctor’s prescription
- Habit of taking antibiotics frequently can cause serious trouble; microbes become habitual of antibiotics making medicines ineffective
-Govt is committed to stop Antibiotic Resistance, people should also stop taking antibiotic without consulting doctors
-We are concerned about health of pregnant women
-I request doctors to earmark ninth of every month to provide free health check-ups to expecting mothers at govt hospitals
-Thousands of doctors have agreed to my request but in a country like India lakhs of doctors should join this campaign
-Entire world is now concerned about issues like climate change, global warming and environment
- Let’s create a mass movement of planting as many trees as possible
- Recently I had the opportunity to visit South Africa for diplomacy purposes, but for me the visit was a pilgrimage
- When we talk about South Africa, it’s natural to think about Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela and their great work
- These days we get messages on our phones promising huge profits on investments. These are latest methods of loot.Several conmen have come to the fore.You must keep away from such things
-Met a team of people who worked on beautification of Aligarh Railway Station, want to congratulate them
- I will address the nation on 15th August. I seek your ideas for my address. Please share them on the Mobile App or MyGov
This was the 22nd edition of the show first aired on October 3, 2014.
In his last address on June 26 that coincided with the 40th anniversary of Emergency, Modi called it a black time for the country and said he was “happy” that the people in India always gave priority to democracy.
Apart from the Emergency, the Prime Minister had spoken on black money and also congratulated India’s space agency the Isro for successful launch of 20 satellites.
First Published: Jul 31, 2016 11:01 IST