News updates from Hindustan Times: Tejashwi Yadav visits murdered IndiGo manager's family and all the latest news
Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
'If cops behave like this…': Tejashwi Yadav visits murdered IndiGo manager's family
IndiGo’s Patna station manager Rupesh Singh family members have been demanding a probe by the CBI alleging that the Patna Police had failed to make any breakthrough. Read more
India gives Nepal 'iron clad' commitment on vaccine, supply schedule coming week
While Nepal PM Oli’s political detractors has painted foreign minister Pradeep Gyawali’s visit to India a damp squib, New Delhi found the visitor committed to cementing bilateral ties. Read more
Govt using NIA to harass us with notices, farm unions say
Farm unions protesting a set of agricultural laws have said notices being served by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) on supporters of their ongoing agitation could be a hurdle in ongoing talks, labelling it as “harassment” by the government. Read more
Quake death toll at 73 as Indonesia struggles with string of disasters
Dwikorita Karnawati, the head of Indonesia's meteorological, climatology and geophysical agency (BMKG), has said that another quake in the region could potentially trigger a tsunami. Read more
India vs Australia: 'They were trying to have a conversation with me,' Thakur reveals how he tackled Australia's chatter
India vs Australia: Shardul Thakur's innings, on expected lines, seemingly got under the skin of Australia, with the fast bowler explaining that the opposition reacted by chirping away a few words at him. Read more
Akshay Kumar asks fans to make contributions to Ram Temple construction, shares video
Actor Akshay Kumar has shared a video on Twitter, asking his fans and followers to make contributions to the Ram Mandir construction in Ayodhya. Read more
Taapsee Pannu's healthy laddoos will give any dessert a run for its money
Taapsee Pannu has been following a diet for the preparation of her film Rashmi Rocket. However, her diet is not as boring as one would imagine. It even includes laddoos. Yes, you can read that again. Read more
Watch: ‘It’ll boost tourism, tribal lives’: PM Modi flags off 8 trains to Gujarat’s Kev
Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off eight trains connecting different parts of the country to Kevadia in Gujarat. The prime minister said that connectivity will not only boost tourism but also lives of tribal people in the region. Speaking after the event, Modi said old memories of train travel became fresh after flagging off the trains. Watch here
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- On Wednesday, the Centre had submitted a note prepared by Department of Financial Services (DFS) which did not agree with the Court’s suggestion to create additional courts as a solution to curb high pendency of Section 138 cases.
- Indore was ranked the ninth-best city among cities with over a million population.
- Pradhan, who has written at least three letters to Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik demanding immediate implementation of 27 per cent quota for OBC category, in a statement said that his demand for reservation in jobs and education remain unaddressed till date.
- General Bipin Rawat said the Indian armed forces face greater challenges than any other military in the world and India urgently needs to bring about structural reforms in higher defence and operational organisations.
- The bills passed by the assembly are the Arunachal Pradesh Civil Courts Bill, the Arunachal Pradesh Goods and Service Tax (Amendment) Bill, the Arunachal Pradesh Ease of Doing Business Bill and the Arunachal Pradesh Municipal Corporation (Amendment) Bill.
- Akhilesh Yadav launched a similar attack against EVMs during the 2019 Lok Sabha elections citing news clippings on malfunctioning of EVMs.
- Launched in 2018, the ranking has assumed importance over the years in shaping government policies and determining expenditure priorities. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been emphasizing the ease of living along with the ease of doing business as a key policy priority.
- Odisha had announced 27% reservation for the OBC/SEBC category in government jobs in 2008 but later slashed it to 11.25% after it violated a Supreme Court cap of 50% on quota.