News updates from Hindustan Times: Uddhav Thackeray to take oath with 6 ministers but spotlight is on MLA Ajit Pawar and all the latest news
Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion curated for you at 5 PM. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Uddhav Thackeray to take oath with 6 ministers but spotlight is on MLA Ajit Pawar
Ajit Pawar, the Nationalist Congress Party leader who almost grounded the Uddhav Thackeray-led alliance government in Maharashtra, reached his uncle and boss Sharad Pawar’s house hours before the Shiv Sena chief take oath as chief minister on Thursday evening.
In setback to Imran Khan, Pak top court cuts Army Chief Bajwa’s extension to 6 months
Pakistan’s Supreme Court on Thursday granted six-month conditional extension to Army chief Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa, a move which is being seen as a snub to Prime Minister Imran Khan’s government.
7,000 engineers, graduates apply for 549 sanitary worker posts
A total of 7,000 engineers, graduates and diploma-holders has applied for 549 posts of sanitary workers in the city Corporation. Those already working as the contract sanitary workers for the last 10 years have also applied for these permanent jobs.
Sweden calls for lifting of restrictions in Kashmir, nudges India for talks with Pakistan
Sweden has joined the list of European countries that have expressed concern about the security lockdown and communications blackout in Kashmir, with foreign minister Ann Linde saying India should lift the remaining restrictions in the region.
‘Maa Saheb, Bala Saheb...’: Supriya tweets ahead of Uddhav’s swearing in
With Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray set to be sworn in as Maharashtra chief minister on Thursday, NCP MP Supriya Sule turned emotional and said the Sena chief’s father late Bal Thackeray and mother Meenatai Thackeray should have been around this day.
Kartik Aaryan on marital rape line in Pati Patni Aur Woh: ‘We didn’t realise it when we were doing it’
Actor Kartik Aryan on Thursday said the team of his upcoming film Pati Patni Aur Woh has “rectified” a controversial dialogue that apparently made light of marital rape. Kartik said the decision was taken after they realised people were “hurt” after watching the recently released trailer.
‘Maybe that was my ego talking’: Virat Kohli opens up about India’s World Cup semi-final defeat
Speaking about India’s semi-final match against New Zealand and the emotions which rang through the dressing room, Indian captain Virat Kohli said he was pained with the defeat, more so when could not help the side get past the tricky phase.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The state board exams are usually held in March, but had been postponed to April this year, due to the pandemic.
- In October of last year, India and South Africa proposed a TRIPS waiver for all WTO members to allow greater access to affordable Covid-19 healthcare facilities
- The first sign that India-Pakistan back-channel conversations were on track came this month when Pak army chief Gen Bajwa said it was time to extend a hand of peace in all directions
- India has vaccinated more than 10.5 million health and front-line workers since beginning its immunisation campaign on Jan. 16. But only 1.2 million, or about 11%, of them have taken COVAXIN, the locally developed vaccine from Bharat Biotech.
- As per the new guidelines, social media platforms are required to disclose the first originator of mischievous tweet or message, the information and technology minister announced.
- The games in Gulmarg will see participation of 1200 athletes from 27 states and Union Territories (UTs) besides the armed forces personnel.