PM Modi to meet all chief ministers on Jan 11 to discuss Covid-19 vaccination rollout
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will meet chief ministers of all states and Union territories virtually to discuss the rollout of the vaccine against the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) on Monday, news agency ANI reported on Friday. The Prime Minister will also discuss the current situation of the coronavirus pandemic in the nation with the chief ministers at 4pm on Monday.
WATCH | Harsh Vardhan reviews dry run, assures vaccine availability in few days
The meeting comes after the Union ministry of health and family welfare recently conducted two dry runs for the Covid-19 vaccination drive across the country. The health ministry had conducted its second dry run on Friday to check states’ and Union territories’ preparedness ahead of the vaccine rollout. The first vaccine dry run was conducted on January 2 across more than 700 districts across the nation.
A government expert panel had approved two Covid-19 vaccines on earlier this month - Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin and Serum Institute of India’s Covishield developed by AstraZeneca and Oxford University for emergency use. The government has also said that in the first phase of vaccination healthcare and frontline workers will be prioritised. State governments, panchayats and municipalities are being constantly trained to ensure last-mile delivery of the Covid-19 vaccine. The government is also looking forward to procuring at least 50-60 million doses of vaccine as it targets to vaccinate 30 million people in the first phase.
Prime Minister Modi has assured citizens of the nation that India will complete the world’s largest inoculation drive and lauded scientists and manufacturers for the “Made in India” vaccines last week after the expert panel approved the vaccines.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- On October 29 last year, the top court had stayed a direction passed on October 20 by the Delhi High Court directing 2,318 undertrial prisoners to surrender in a phased manner.
- Deputy leader of the Congress in the Rajya Sabha, Anand Sharma, accused the party’s Bengal president and Lok Sabha member Adhir Ranjan Chowdury of diluting the party’s core ideology and the secularism by allying with Abbasuddin Siddiqui’s Indian Secular Front (ISF).
- This will be the first of the many public meetings Adityanath is scheduled to address in Bengal where the BJP is looking to unseat the led TMC.
- "Toll collection through electronic tolling has reached 93 per cent during the last fortnight after the FASTag was made mandatory," Gadkari said.
- The senior citizen said he would return on Tuesday with his wife on Tuesday o she could be administered her vaccine.
- The AAP has already announced it would contest the 2022 Uttar Pradesh assembly.