Pranab Mukherjee picks up a ‘bad habit’. Don’t worry, it’s just a selfie
Former president Pranab Mukherjee has learnt a new skill: how to take a selfie.
The 81-year-old took to Twitter on Thursday to share how it was a “pleasure to meet children, and how a young Hamza Saifi taught him to click selfies.
Twitterati hasn’t stopped gushing about the selfie and called it the “cutest selfie in recent times”. The tweet has been liked over 3.5K times.
Some concerned people cautioned Mukherjee against picking up ‘a bad habit at this age’.
Mukherjee launched one of India’s biggest selfie social scheme — ‘Selfie with Daughter’, as part of the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao initiative, in June this year. The former president has been a regular on Twitter even after leaving office and has switched his Twitter handle to ‘Citizen Mukherjee’ to reflect his changed status.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Dozens of Rohingya are in a makeshift "holding centre" at Jammu's Hira Nagar jail after local authorities conducted biometric and other tests on hundreds of people to verify their identities.
- The 10-member team will commence the journey from the misty mountains of Arunachal Pradesh at Bomdila and will then enter Bhutan.
- In a letter to the Cubbon Park police station, Dinesh Kalahalli said that the complaint had taken a sinister turn wherein the character of the alleged victim was being questioned.
- The police headquarters took action after a picture of the man walking with his son's decomposed body in a plastic bag was widely shared on social media.
- Omar Abdullah chided BJP's Suvendu Adhikari who was quoted a saying the "Bengal will become like Kashmir" if the Trinamool Congress returns to power in the assembly election.