Spicejet aircraft skids off runway while landing at Calicut airport
A Spicejet aircraft from Chennai with 68 passengers on board skidded off the runway while landing at the Calicut International Airport in nearby Karipur on Friday, airport officials said.
A few guiding lights on the runway were damaged as the aircraft swerved slightly to the left of the runway after landing at 8.30am, they said.
No passenger was injured and all of them disembarked safely, they said.
The airline said the incident happened when it was raining heavily.
“SpiceJet operated flight SG 3251 from Chennai to Calicut. A normal landing was carried out in heavy rains. During landing run the aircraft right wheel momentarily went over the runway edge,” a SpiceJet spokesperson said in a statement.
SpiceJet added that the aircraft continued its normal taxi to the apron.
The airline sources said two of their flights from here to Chennai and Bengaluru were cancelled following the incident.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Congress leaders accused the police of using force to create a nuisance during a peaceful protest of farmers and Congress workers.
- Taking a cue from Prime Minister Narendra Modi calling Uttarakhand the Sainya Dham - fifth dham after the traditional Char Dhams -- Rawat in 2019 had announced that the state government will set up a Sainya Dham in Dehradun.
- A police team has been deployed in the village to ward off any fresh trouble. The police have also initiated an investigation to nab all the accused.
- Some leaders and political experts even described Modi’s visit as an exercise to woo Bengali voters on whom Bose’s ideology has great influence even after 76 years of his mysterious disappearance.
- With the scheme, nearly 5 million CAPF personnel and their families can avail cashless medical treatment.
- The scheme aims at reduction in livelihood vulnerabilities of the urban poor including migrant labourers and informal workers.
- Presently, over 5,000 cases are pending with the Tribunal of which the bulk of matters arise out of proceedings under PMLA.
- Gandhi is on a tour of the western belt where he will next visit Erode, Tiruppur, Karur and Dindigul districts to meet farmers, weavers and youngsters.