2 cops suspended in violence against north Indians
Two police officials were on Wednesday suspended and an inquiry instituted against an Assistant Commissioner of Police for not taking any action against MNS workers who indulged in violence in Dadar on Sunday.
Motiram Kadam, an inspector and Deepak Pawar, a sub inspector, who were present in Dadar on Sunday evening prior to the UNPA rally when a taxi was broken by Maharashtra Navnirman Sena activists and the driver was assaulted, were suspended for dereliction of duty, official sources said in Mumbai.
An inquiry has also been instituted against ACP of Dadar division Balkrishna Bhange regarding the incident, they added.
"The action has been taken as the violence on Sunday took place inspite of the presence of officers in the vicinity and we will deal with the others who have indulged in such activities sternly," Additional Commissioner of Police (central region), Rajnish Seth told.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- High Commissioner Alex Ellis also said more debates on the farmers' protest should be expected around the world as India takes on a greater role on the global stage
- Giving two weeks to the government to come back with its response, the bench then formally recorded in its order that one of the issues that has caught its attention is “uncontrolled and unscreened viewing of films” on Amazon Prime Video and other OTT platforms.
- The roughly 20,000 centres being used for the vaccine drive at the moment are hospitals, private as well as public, while many primary and secondary health centres at present are kept out of the programme.
- The external affairs ministry, which too rejected Freedom House’s report, also took exception to the depiction of Jammu and Kashmir in the map used in the document.
- A home ministry spokesperson said these rules prepared by the Foreigners’ Division were part of a brochure issued on November 15, 2019. The rules were consolidated and notified on Thursday.
- After the allegations on Jarkiholi, there were unverified reports of several similar videos and other sex scandals against other cabinet ministers.
- India is a signatory to the Paris Agreement under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.
- On the other hand, the DMK’s stalemate continued with its main and long standing ally, the Congress, on seat sharing.
- The person said it was imperative that the photographs are removed from certificates distributed in the poll bound states, adding that the system can continue in other states.
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla, former President Pratibha Patil, economist Amartya Sen, cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, spiritual leader Baba Ramdev, chief ministers of states and senior political leaders are among those included in the panel.
- According to Indian agencies, the JeI has maintained that J&K is a disputed territory.
- Interestingly, the election of the six YSRC members comes at a time when a resolution adopted by the Jagan Mohan Reddy government in the state assembly in January 2020, seeking abolition of the legislative council, is still pending with the Union home ministry.
- When the matter came up before a bench of Justices Ashok Bhushan and R Subhash Reddy on Friday, the bench adjourned it to April 7 as it had no time for a full fledged hearing.