A jail inmate claims to be Manyata's husband
A writer, lodged in a jail in Mumbai, has moved to court claiming that he is Manyata's husband since he has still not divorced her.
Mehraj Shaikh, who claims to be Manyata's husband, filed an application against Dutt and her in a local court on Thursday, alleging that they have violated the Muslim marriage norms.
Shaikh is currently lodged at the Arthur Road jail in connection with charges of sending vulgar SMSs and threatening Bollywood personalities for extortion.
He moved the application praying for legal proceedings against Dutt and Manyata, stating that he had married Manyata on April 5, 2003 and has a son from her who is presently staying with the latter's mother. The application is likely to be heard on Saturday.
Shaikh has also claimed in the application that he and Manyata had started living separately, but till now, neither of them had sought "talak".
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The launch took place from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
- Transport commissioner Sanjeeb Panda and his IPS officer wife Santosh Bala (Home department special secretary), were in one of the three tents that caught fire.
- The petitioner had moved the high court in January this year after she was declared ineligible for admission to an undergraduate medical course as her left hand was amputated.
- Police said the killer slit the elderly woman's throat with a sharp weapon.
- "I did not learn Tamil. It is such a beautiful language, which is popular all over the world," the prime minister said.
- The rising demand for the ‘war room’ also coincides with the shrinking real estate space for the Congress in the national capital.
- Gandhi has on several occasions attacked the government over the three farm laws, alleging that they are intended to benefit "handful of PM Modi’s friends".
- The victims was being treated at Shri Maharaja Hari Singh hospital in Srinagar where he was on ventilator.