Angry mob set ablaze 12 trucks
A total of 12 trucks were set ablaze by a mob after a man was run over and killed, official sources said on Tuesday.
A sop owner was run over by a speeding truck near the collectorate in Lakhisarai on Monday night which led hundreds of enraged locals to block the road and set the vehicles on fire.
Fire engines were immediately rushed to the spot but the trucks were badly damaged by the time the flames could be doused, the sources said.
District Magistrate Narsingh Upadhyay and Superintendent of Police SP Shukla, who had rushed to the scene, faced the fury of the crowd who hurled stones at them. However, none were injured.
The two persuaded the people to lift the roadblock.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The database uses Aadhaar-based data generated from key farm sector programmes such as PM-KISAN.
- Police data shows that some of the 522 passengers nabbed in last 5 years while carrying live bullets in their bags claimed they had done so unknowingly
- Private firms will likely claim that the law interferes with their constitutional rights to carry on trade freely
- From SC-ST social groups, reservations have expanded to OBCs, economically weaker sections
- The revenue in March may cross the record Rs.1,19,875 crore collected in January by at least Rs.10,000 crore.
- Officials said that an inquiry committee, constituted by the Visitor of Delhi University (DU), the President of India, held its final meeting.
- BJP MLAs supported the bill and called it a gift for women on the occasion of Women’s Day
- The technology requires telecoms companies to scrub messages to verify if the text being sent has been approved and it is only being sent to someone who has consented to receive such a message.
- Throughout the day, women protesters organised marches at the sites while wearing yellow, green scarves
- Responding to HT on Monday, CPWD denied all allegations that the waste from the Central Vista construction site was being dumped on the floodplains.
- Two women officers each have been assigned duties aboard INS Vikramaditya and INS Shakti.
- The fire had broken out at the 13th floor of the Eastern Railway’s office in the evening.
- The apex court framed this as one among the several questions to be decided while considering the constitutional validity of a 2018 Maharashtra law.