Compensation to be decided when admn is approached
Saleem's family will be compensated when his "legal heirs" approach the administration.india Updated: Oct 13, 2007 11:34 IST
The issue of compensation for the family of Saleem, who was killed in the bomb blast at the Sufi shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti in Ajmer, will be decided when the administration is approached by his "legal heirs", a senior official has said.
"The administration is waiting for the legal heirs to come and make presentation on valid successorship. Then the administration will establish whether to give the compensation or not," Collector of Ajmer Navin Mahajan told PTI.
"Someone claiming to be his brother is not the legal heir for the compensation," he said.
Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje had announced a compensation of Rs five lakh for the next of kin of those killed in the blast.
Speaking on speculation about an electric wire being found in Saleem's shirt, Mahajan said, "this could be another angle in the case".
Additional Director General of Police (Crime) A K Jain, who is in Ajmer, said "so far we have to confirm whether Saleem carried any electrical wire or any other thing in his pocket. It is a matter of investigation".
At least two persons were killed and nine others injured in a terror attack when a crude bomb went off at the Sufi shrine of Khawaja Moinuddhin Chishti where thousands of devout gathered to break the day-long Ramzan fast on Oct 11.
Saleem, who hails from Hyderabad, is one of the two persons killed in the blast. The other who was accompanied by his family has been identified as Mohammad Shoai.
First Published: Oct 13, 2007 11:26 IST