Daylight murder in Gandhi colony
A 55-year-old man was murdered in broad daylight in Gandhi Colony area in Faridabad on Saturday morning.
Rajpal Singh was near a meat shop at Gandhi colony under NH5 police station when a four-wheeler carrying his killers stopped near him around 10.30am. One of the youths is reported to have pumped bullets on Rajpal, killing him on the spot.
The incident triggered protests in the area with the local residents keeping the body on the road for over two hours. The incident is allegedly linked to one-and-a-half-year-old murder in the area.
The Police registered case and massive hunt has been launched to nab the killers. However, none of the assailants was arrested till late in the evening.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The IAF contingent arrived in Colombo on February 27. The Suryakiran Aerobatic Team had taken part in the SLAF’s golden jubilee celebrations two decades ago.
- Bharat Biotech developed the country’s first indigenous vaccine, Covaxin, in partnership with ICMR.
- The military is expected to make a presentation to the PM on the situation along the borders and progress made towards the creation of theatre commands.
- Maharashtra minister Nawab Malik has alleged that the raids on Anurag Kashyap and Tapsee Pannu were an attempt to suppress the voice of those who speak against the central government.
- Khandu said, he had recently asked the chief secretary to compile details of such reserve forests and send a proposal to the Centre with a request to use such forest land for carrying out development work.
- Five jawans were taking part in a night firing practice when the incident took place.
- Santosh is planning to set up a Green India Foundation to take up the tree plantation programme extensively and also spread it to other parts of the country.
- the Tibetan government-in-exile, had asked the Centre and the Kangra district medical officer to vaccinate the Dalai Lama and those working around him at the earliest,
- The focus on the upper caste, according to party leaders, is mainly to draw them closer to the party by letting them know the inclusive development that chief minister Nitish Kumar has been able to usher in over the last one and half decades.