* Technical know-how is a must. One must know how to operate the software.
* The next most important thing is a grasp over the narrative.
* Since it's a creative job, one also needs to think out of the box.
* It's also important to maintain calm in the face of deadline pressures. There will be times when people around you will lose their cool, but the challenge is not surrender to such provocations.
* It definitely helps if you have some knowledge in music and photography.
* The other thing is to cope with solitude. Eight-ten hours at a stretch one needs to sit alone, sort out the best shots and string them together into a narrative.