Four injured in CPI(M)-Cong clash in West Bengal
Four persons were injured in a clash between CPI (M) and Congress supporters at Gitaldaha area in Cooch Behar district over cattle smuggling, police said on Tuesday.
A dispute between a man and some people at Narayanganj village of Gitaldaha triggered the clash.
Three of the injured were sent to Dinhata sub-divisional hospital while the other was being treated at a nursing home.
A large police picket was posted in the area.
Local leaders of the two parties blamed each other for the clash.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The launch took place from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
- Transport commissioner Sanjeeb Panda and his IPS officer wife Santosh Bala (Home department special secretary), were in one of the three tents that caught fire.
- The petitioner had moved the high court in January this year after she was declared ineligible for admission to an undergraduate medical course as her left hand was amputated.
- Police said the killer slit the elderly woman's throat with a sharp weapon.
- "I did not learn Tamil. It is such a beautiful language, which is popular all over the world," the prime minister said.
- The rising demand for the ‘war room’ also coincides with the shrinking real estate space for the Congress in the national capital.
- Gandhi has on several occasions attacked the government over the three farm laws, alleging that they are intended to benefit "handful of PM Modi’s friends".
- The victims was being treated at Shri Maharaja Hari Singh hospital in Srinagar where he was on ventilator.