HT helicopterindia Updated: Jan 05, 2011 17:19 IST
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms & Conditions (Hereinafter referred to as the "General Rules") are applicable to all the participants/contestants of the Hindustan Times contest on "HT GANESHA CONTEST" “(Hereinafter referred to as the "Contest") Promoted / Organized by M/s HT Media Ltd (Hereinafter referred to as HTML). The rules can be amended or varied from time to time by HTML.
1. Contest period: 1st Jan 2011 to 30th Jan 2011.
2. To participate, the Readers will have send SMS HTNTD <space> NAME to 54242. Only readers between the age of 10 to 60 years, can Participate in this
contest. The participants shall not be patients, pregnant women or suffering from any illness or disease.
3. Only those entries, which are received by HTML, shall be considered for the contest and HTML shall not be responsible for non-receipt, delay of any entry.
HTML does not take any responsibility for any errors arising out of incorrect or incomplete entries.
4. HTML shall not be responsible for alteration or unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result
of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes beyond its control.
5. HTML shall not be liable for system/server failures. HTML cannot be held responsible for the failure to fulfill the obligations of any of the third parties involved
in the contest.
6. HTML reserves the right without prior notice to access, read preserves and/or disclose the personal information of the user if the same is required in connection
with this contest.
7. 22 readers shall be chosen by randomizer as winners who can be accompanied with another person and one winner would get the chance of accompanying hs
family (3 people max).
8. The winners shall be awarded with a Helicopter ride.
9. Decision of HTML with respect to selection of winners shall be final and binding upon the participants/winners.
10. The helicopter ride is subject to weather conditions permitting and permissions from traffic police and other authorities. Incase HTML does not get the said
permissions in such a case HTML shall award the winners with such prizes as it may deem fit.
11. HTML is not responsible for any mishaps that may arise during the ride.
12. Only the winners shall be informed by HTML and the details shall be sent via MOBILE Number provided at the time of registration of the contest. Non
receiving of calls shall result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
13. The winners shall be required to produce/submit photo identity/address proof as and when required by HTML. The winners may be required to sign the
Terms and Conditions herein before accepting the prize. In case false/fake identification details are submitted, the concerned participant/winner shall be
disqualified immediately from the contest.
14. Though HTML shall make every effort to declare the results of the contest on the due date for the respective prize draws, it shall not be responsible for any
delay in announcing winners of the respective prize draws arising out of reasons beyond its control in the normal course of business.
15. HTML holds no responsibility or liability in case HTML is unable to inform the winner of his/her win due to non availability / wrong number or any other
reason within a period of 30 days from holding of the event, having made despite h best efforts. In such a case HTML shall not be liable to proof the efforts
made in this regard.
16. The winner is solely responsible for any other expenses related to the acceptance/use of the offer or participation in the contest.
17. Prizes shall not be substituted for cash, either in whole or in part, at any stage of the Contest. The prizes shall be non negotiable and non transferable. In the
event of any unforeseen circumstances, HTML reserves the sole right to offer an alternative prize of the same value.
18. This offer cannot be clubbed with any other offer.
19. Any levies, duties, incidental charges and taxes wherever applicable, shall be borne by the person availing the prize. Tax deductable at source under Income
Tax Act is applicable for any prize exceeding the value of Rs. 5,000/- .The winner shall submit the proof of depositing the tax due on the prize (i.e. challan of
depositing the tax) at the time of claiming the prize.
20. HTML shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the winner while availing the offer.
21. In the event of any winner choosing not to accept the prize(s) or forfeit any and/or all claims qua the prize, HTML shall have the absolute discretion deal with
such prize as it deems fit.
22. All entries will be treated as the property of HTML and can be used by HTML for any promotional and / or commercial activity & the participants/winners
waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favour of HTML by participating in the contest.
23. Participants/winners may be required by HTML to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledge that HTML has the absolute and
exclusive right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it may deem fit without any consideration or
payment of similar nature to such participants/winners.
24. HTML in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant's/winner's name, character, likeness, statements or any recording
of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this contest, or generally. HTML may promote or advertise that a winner has won the contest.
25. HTML reserves the right to extend or to cancel, or change the manner in which the contest is organized or discontinue or terminate the contest at any time or
to accept or reject any or all entries at their absolute discretion without giving any prior notice without assigning any reason whatsoever.
26. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest and/or web-site is a violation of Criminal and Civil
Laws and should such an attempt be made, HTML reserves the right to seek damages from any such Candidate to the fullest extent permitted by law.
27. HTML reserves the right to disqualify any participant/winner if it has reasonable grounds to believe the participant/winner has breached any of these Terms
and Conditions. In the event that any participant is disqualified from the contest, HTML in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement participant
should be selected. In this event, any further participant will be selected on the same criteria as the original participant and will be subject to these Terms and
28. The Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes, differences and, or, any other matters in relation to and
arising out of the Contest and, or, pertaining to the rules and regulations and, or, the Terms and Conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration
& Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator to be appointed by HTML. The venue of arbitration shall be New Delhi and the
proceedings of such arbitration shall be in English Language only.
29. All disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Delhi Courts only.
30. HTML in its absolute discretion reserves the right to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these Terms & Conditions, wholly or in part, at anytime
without giving any prior notice and the participant/winner agrees to abide by such additions, alterations, modifications and changes.
31. Participation in the contest implies acceptance of all the terms & conditions herein.
First Published: Jan 05, 2011 16:14 IST